Western arc vs Eastern arc?

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Could someone please tell me if you still get the same channels from 61.5, 72.7, and 77 that you do from 110, 119, and 129? Is it just a matter of a dfferent dish and pointing it in a different direction? Im just checking for future planning. I currently have the AT250 with the HD package with locals from 110, 119, and 129 on just one dish on the house. When we are able to switch to Eastern arc and get 61.5, 72.7, and 77 will I be able to still get all im currently getting with just one dish on the house? I called Dish to get my locals in HD since they were added to 77 last week and was told that I couldnt until Febuary. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advanced.

Batt, I've got the same questions as I live in central Arkansas and finally got HD locals (well 2 of 4) and I can't watch them. A friend of mine called dish and they didn't even mention "wait till February", in fact they advised that a free upgrade of some kind to the dish would allow for the 77W. A call to our local installer and he hasn't heard of any free upgrade so we're kind of confused as to what our next step will be. You would think that Dish would provide the retailers/installers a heads up when this was coming down but apparently the local HD thing is only a promotional thing to attempt to keep up with Direct.
I would change today but stuck to a 2 year committment when the great Turbo HD promo got me when they installed the vip 722. I'm really disappointed to say the least as I've been with Dish since the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)