Western Digital 2 TB My Cloud instead of My Book

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
Will the Western Digital 2 TB My Cloud external hard drive work with a 612 and a 722? I currently have a WD My Book and additional units are hard to find. Walmart has a close out on the 2 TB My Cloud's for $35.
Just curious if they will work. I did a search for "My Cloud" but did not find any posts.

That looks like it. Amazon shows $105 and has more pictures. The box also looks the same. Did they ever make it in a USB 2.0 version? If so, I can't verify the USB version. Walmart had the original price listed as over $100. (They had the same My Cloud, 3 TB, at the regular price.) My store had a lot of closeouts in the computer area. I looked at a Lenovo laptop several days ago for $249, down from $359 and they had 3 and sold out in 24 hours. (15.6" screen, 8gb ram, Intel icore 3, 5020 processor, ) I don't know what they are doing. I called 5 stores and they all had had the Lenovo and all were sold out. My store has never marked down things this much in the past. Also, had an assortment of Linksys routers marked down.

I have a WD My Cloud 4TB, mine only connects via Ethernet to the router. Looking at pictures of the 2TB one on Amazon it has the same ports on the back. So I would have to say no.

The USB connection shown can be use to add additional Hard Drives or Hub, to extend storage only. Not for connection to another USB port or direct connect to a computer etc....

I do have a WD My Book attached to the back of my Hopper 2, for external storage. Works perfectly

I use mine with a Raspberry Pi and Kodi to stream movies to my TV.

$35 would be an awesome price tho'

Steve

I just found same answers on Amazon while you were posting.
For $35 I probably should have bought one, but I don't know what I would do with it.
I guess I will just try to watch for a 2 TB My Book. My 1 TB My Book is almost full.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts