Western Digital My Book Premium 500GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a Ext. Hard Drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike2154

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
The Western Digital My Book Premium is a clear leader in the race for the peak of external desktop drives. Its 500 GB runs at 7200 RPM with up to 100 MB/s transfer rates. Its breakthrough 16 MB cache makes this hard drive suitable for high-performance home and business computing, as it can handle both data-intensive applications and high-end multimedia applications. It offers average latency of 4.2 ms with an average seek time of only 8.9ms, resulting in both greater efficiency and safer data transfer.

My Book Pro includes EMC Retrospect software for Windows and Mac, which backs up the data, and also allows easy recovery, scheduling, and encryption, to help you hold onto the memories you entrust to this disk. It has Intelligent Drive Management software to enable automatic power-up and shutdown procedures. Using this software you can very easily manage your photos. It’s also shipped with free Google software, which catalogs each and every file in your computer for helping you locate it as and when needed. Think of this as the ultimate answer to all those boxes of photos and slides!

Model
Brand Western Digital
Series My Book Premium
Model WDG1C5000N
Performance
Interface USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a
Capacity 500GB
RPM 7200 RPM
Average Seek Time 8.9ms
Average Latency 4.2ms
Physical Spec
Windows Vista Works with Windows Vista
Form Factor 3.5"
Dimensions 6.8" x 5.7" x 2.3"
Weight 2.9 lbs.
Features
Features Easy to set up, easy to use -- Installation is a snap because you don't really "install" this drive, you just plug it in and it's ready to use. There is no CD to install; the included software loads from the drive the first time you plug it in.
WD Backup software – We’ve provided software that makes backing up your data as easy as possible. With a few simples steps you can back up all your data files or just save your picture and music files. You can also set scheduled backups, so you don't have to think about it again.
Capacity gauge — See at a glance how much space is left on your drive.
Intelligent drive management features — The My Book drive turns itself on and off with your computer and Safe Shutdown prevents the drive from being powered down until all your data has been written.
Smart design — The elegant case, iconic of a book, takes up less space on your desk, stacks horizontally, and allows two or more drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
High quality hard drive — Inside the case is an exceptionally fast-ultra quiet, cool-running hard drive from Western Digital.
Free Google software — Search your drive, manage your photos, and simplify Web searches with included Google software. Note: Google software is compatible with Windows 2000 and XP only.
Packaging
Package Contents 500GB External Hard Drive
1 x USB Cable
1 x FireWire (IEEE 1394a) Cable
Power Adapter and Power Cord
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 1 year limited
Labor 1 year limited

Brand New still sealed in the package but I need the money more than I need an extra external hard drive. Asking $139 shipped to the Continental USA. Please PM with any questions and I will answer promptly.

Price reduced

Last shot before I list it on Ebay $129 shipped and insured to the Continental USA and if you are outside the good old US of A I will charge exact shipping to your address via the shipping method of your choice. PM me or email me at mike2154@swbell.net.:wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)