Western North Dakota CW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MontanaGuy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Plentywood, MT
I read that KXMA moved CBS programming to 2.2 this week and now carries CW programming on 2.1. Does this make it likely that Dish and DirecTV will add KXMA CW HD to the Minot/Bismarck/Dickinson locals spot beam? It would be great to finally receive CW programming in HD!

Not sure how long it takes from the time a local station goes on air for the signal to be uplinked by Dish or DirecTV. Dish had WPIX & KTLA in SD which have been removed given the Tribune dispute, and DirecTV only has CW SD distant feeds available (from Washington DC and San Diego I think). Fingers crossed CW HD will finally be available on Dish and DirecTV in this market!

If there is a contract, they will uplink it whenever the contract calls for it or they renegotiate which could be NEVER if it's not spelled out in the contract.
If the station decides to ask for must carry, it wont happen until the next election period for must carry. I think the deadline for the stations to file for Must Carry is October 1, 2017 and the satellite services have until Jan 1, 2018 to make them available IF and ONLY IF the station qualifies for must carry.

Any word if DISH will be adding KXMA CW2 to the Minot/Bismarck/Dickinson locals? DirecTV recently added it, so hope it is coming shortly to DISH as well.

Also, any chance KTLA will be available anytime soon in HD? I used to receive both WPIX and KTLA in SD, but after the Tribune dispute now only receive KTLA. Would sure be nice to receive it in HD.

Lastly, has there been any discussion of adding sub-channels such as Antenna TV or Me-TV? Enjoying LAFF and GetTV from DISH, so hopeful more of these types of channels will be added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)