WFN non-HD

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Why do they label WFN as being HD (with the WFN HD logo on my Hopper), yet don't provide it in HD?? Was it previously available? I've had Dish since July, and I've never seen it in HD, yet always wondered why the logo states it IS in hi-def.

syphix said:
Why do they label WFN as being HD (with the WFN HD logo on my Hopper), yet don't provide it in HD?? Was it previously available? I've had Dish since July, and I've never seen it in HD, yet always wondered why the logo states it IS in hi-def.

Dish offered WFN HD at one time without the SD feed (except when in free preview). When the SD feed was available in free preview, I would notice that at some times the SD feed would play a different program than the HD feed. Now, Dish offers it only in SD in BB@Home ($10/month) and "a la carte" in the Outdoor Sports package ($3/month), which happens to be in free preview currently.

Yup, the dropped the WFN HD feed a year or two ago. Don't remember exactly when.

Sportsman Channel is the only outdoor network on HD (besides the programming on Versus).

Hunt, Outdoor Channel, and WFN are all SD only :(.

Hopefully that will change someday, but I doubt it will happen until all customer receivers are MPEG4 capable.

-SF

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)