WFN

Shoulda never had it in the first place. That was just one of those "HD" channels to pad the numbers when they killed VOOM. Now, if they would just get rid of the rest of the "HD" padding.

They've been working on it. See SNY.

I don't think this is a big loss for Dish. It is not a very popular channel. Any time I would turn to it, the HD was terrible.

Last year Disney then Reelez and now WFN drops the HD channel. I refuse to watch the cruddy centercut 480i craptastic feed.

reddice, if you want to watch TV channels you want in HD and not be forced to watch the SD versions, then by all means switch provider, ever since the Disney dispute began all you did was whine about how bad the SD version of Disney channel looked in SD. and you have done nothing but whine about it, i tired of hearing it, just freaking switch to a provider that does have Disney Channel HD.

back on topic, sucks that WFN had to sacrifice the HD feed in order to get more homes to have the channel, but maybe this might be the right thing for a network devoted to fishing, and i really don't watch that channel. but if it works to get more distribution then so be it.

Reelz was scheduled only to be on for a few weeks. That one was not a surprise.

Watched The Kennedys on Reelz in HD on Dish. Was the only place I could find it in HD and was glad to do so. That made Dish a real a winner for me then at that time. Now that WFN is gone thankfully I'm glad. Good ridden. I don't like fishing. That channel stunk to me.

Watched The Kennedys on Reelz in HD on Dish. Was the only place I could find it in HD and was glad to do so. That made Dish a real a winner for me then at that time. Now that WFN is gone thankfully I'm glad. Good ridden. I don't like fishing. That channel stunk to me.

I do like fishing and I probably don't watch what you do in HD, but I hope all the HD channels you watch stay in HD.

How many threads are you going to ask that? Veria was not added to the Platinum package for anyone.

How many threads are you going to ask that? Veria was not added to the Platinum package for anyone.

How many have you counted. Then that is the number. Noticed I started the thread after I had replied in here. So how many is that? I looked like it would be more correct to have an individual thread just for that question.

Update: WFN is now available a la carte in the Outdoor Sports package which also includes Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel.

In addition, Dish has taken the HD logo next to WFN off the Platinum package site ( http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum/default.aspx ).

I do pose a question about the Platinum package, though. Why is an HD package required for the Platinum package? I could possibly understand an HD receiver since there are some HD channels in it. However, MoviePlex, WFN, Starz Cinema, Encore Mystery, and Sundance Channel are all in SD.

A couple of reasons come to mind.

Most of the SD channels you name are actually available in other packages already, and those are the only ones in SD in the Platinum pack. Many customers wouldn't be gaining anything much by paying $10 for them. I can just imaging the irate phone calls after signing up and finding most all of the channels are not available. So that would be why a HD receiver.
This package is considered a Tier, not meant to replace getting HD programming. Since HD is now free, you are not really being made to pay for HD before getting this tier anyway. Remember, it was originally promoted as an HD add on, which really it still mostly is. As a whole, this is a decent value package.

At this point there is no excuse to not have a ViP receiver. Sorry but no one should be using a obsolete MPEG-2 receiver like the 512. Not having a HDTV is not a excuse because we have two 612 ViP's hooked up to two very old SDTV's.

reddice said:
At this point there is no excuse to not have a ViP receiver. Sorry but no one should be using a obsolete MPEG-2 receiver like the 512. Not having a HDTV is not a excuse because we have two 612 ViP's hooked up to two very old SDTV's.

That's ridiculous. Why would someone that is perfectly happy with their setup bother to swap out receivers for no personal benefit? If I didn't have an HD TV I wouldn't bother to get an MPEG4 receiver that would require a 24 month commitment. That makes no sense. There are plenty of long term customers that are happy with their current set up (my grandmother being one of them). She gets every channel she subs to with her "obsolete" receiver. Good luck in convincing her to spend money to get a new one with no measurable gain to her.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Now, Sportsman's Channel is the only one in HD. :( (not counting a portion of the programming on VS.)

Apparently I was one of the handful of folks who actually watched WFN regularly. I guess at this point, I'll drop the $10 Platinum HD package and add the $3 outdoor sports package instead. I only kept platinum HD for WFN anyway.

Honestly, my opinion... It's 2011 for crying out loud!! Drop all the darn SD feeds and just run the HD signal. From there, just down-convert to SD at the receiver for folks who don't subscribe to HD. It's time to move forward with the technology.

-SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)