WFSB (Hartford) RF 36 NOW and RADAR

skitheberks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
CT
I'm watching 3.1 WFSB (CBS) and I notice on one TV in my house that 3.5 is showing NOW and 3.6 is showing RADAR. There is no picture and this Sony TV shows a message, "Signal cannot be decoded".

All of the other TV's in my house are all Samsung, the same model line just different sizes. All are hooked to the same outside antenna.

None of the Samsung TV's show the 3.5 and 3.6. It's just the 3.1 to 3.4.

The Sony is an older TV from around 2012 and the Samsung TVs were all purchased in 2015.

Any one else in or near the Hartford, CT market getting these new channels?

I'm watching 3.1 WFSB (CBS) and I notice on one TV in my house that 3.5 is showing NOW and 3.6 is showing RADAR. There is no picture and this Sony TV shows a message, "Signal cannot be decoded".

All of the other TV's in my house are all Samsung, the same model line just different sizes. All are hooked to the same outside antenna.

None of the Samsung TV's show the 3.5 and 3.6. It's just the 3.1 to 3.4.

The Sony is an older TV from around 2012 and the Samsung TVs were all purchased in 2015.

Any one else in or near the Hartford, CT market getting these new channels?
That's because channels 3.5 and 3.6 (WSHM-LD) are part of the Springfield, Massachusetts market...

IMG_9072.JPG

Ok just did a rescan.

3-1 is WFSB HD
3-2 is Mystery Channel
3-3 is Laff
3-4 is GFSB which is a special service for Fairfield County
3-5 is WFSB Now - currently only a tiny pic in the corner showing weather, lottery numbers, and news headlines. It does not fit the screen currently. They ran this a few years ago before the added Court TV.
3-6 is the Live Doppler Radar.

All of them are coming in for me on my Dish Hopper 3

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's because channels 3.5 and 3.6 (WSHM-LD) are part of the Springfield, Massachusetts market...

Nope they haven’t provided WSHM Springfield programming on the Channel 3 sub channels for a few years now. That channel is now actually programmed out of Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I bet you if you have a newer TV sets that will handle MPEG-4, found out that similar story from AVS forum on local HDTV OTA threads Baltimore and others showing some local broadcasters started using MPEG-4.

That something needs to be checked out.

I might be getting non compatible signal MPEG-4 on our local Albuquerque's TV stations, other than our new ATSC 3.0 KNMD-DT station.

Any local Albuquerque's TV viewers please give a shout out and to verify that you can pick up MPEG-4 other than normal MPEG-2 video format. :hatsoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)