Wgn Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
I could have sworn that I had WGN-HD a few weeks ago (around the time Dish turned on SciFi and USA), but it doesn't show up anywhere now. Was I dreaming or something? :confused:

I agree WGN HD would be a great addition. Won't we know for sure when we turn to 239 and the lovely HD will be in our program guide along with the SD version? :hungry:

If Dish Network adds WGN-HD, does that mean that essentially Dish will have CW in HD? Or would this NOT be the "version" of WGN that shows CW programming.

If Dish Network adds WGN-HD, does that mean that essentially Dish will have CW in HD? Or would this NOT be the "version" of WGN that shows CW programming.

Acutally its been uplinked to the 61.5 orbital location allthough its not been released to subs yet. Im hearing that WGN9 Chicago is coming soon.

No, we're talking about the Superstation. They might turn it on in the next few weeks, a.k.a. soon.;)

Superstation WGN could be coming very soon.. (cough cough)Thats all im saying. :) Take it for what its worth.. So we all can watched the Cursed Cubs and the Not so Cursed 2005 and soon to be 2008 world champs Chicago White Sox on WGNHD very soon. But this is only a rumor and can change.

It is uplinked on 129 currently. It will be on 5379/9446. It is WGN Superstation and not the real Channel 9.

It is uplinked on 129 currently. It will be on 5379/9446. It is WGN Superstation and not the real Channel 9.

BigRich,

WGN can call itself a Superstation if they wish, but by the true definition of a Superstation would mean that the Local WGN would be the same as the National WGN channel, and that is NOT the case.

The only currently available Superstations are; WPIX, WWOR, KWGN (Denver), KTLA, and WSBK. These Superstations are specifically called Superstations because these national channels carry the exact same schedule and programing as the Local OTA WPIX, WWOR, KWGN, KTLA, and WSBK stations.

In the past WGN and TBS WERE Superstations because the local channels were the exact same as the nationally carried channel. Over time both channels morphed into a separate National feeds as more and more programing was syndicated and more and more local markets were asking for specific content to be blacked out. At that point in time both WGN and TBS cleared all the syndicated content they aired that other local channels in other DMA's had exclusive rights too, and objected too. When WGN and TBS became unique and different national feeds from the local only channel they were no longer Superstations by definition.

The Superstation label they now advertise is a marketing only name, plain and simple.

John

Quick question: I'm sure that KTLA, KWGN, etc.. are available to DISH subscribers in those areas as HD. So does anyone know why none of Superstations are uplinked to the rest of the subscribers in HD format? They obviously already have them on the satellite.. wouldn't it just be a difference of what they call them (wether I get the "Superstation KTLA" or the "regular KTLA".. which you say are exactly the same).

Cubs and Sox games in HD would be nice in addition to CSN-Chicago HD I get in-market. Too bad Blackhawks games this upcoming season are only on the local WGN 9. Dumb decision by the Hawks. Bulls games are on superstation.

Quick question: I'm sure that KTLA, KWGN, etc.. are available to DISH subscribers in those areas as HD. So does anyone know why none of Superstations are uplinked to the rest of the subscribers in HD format? They obviously already have them on the satellite.. wouldn't it just be a difference of what they call them (wether I get the "Superstation KTLA" or the "regular KTLA".. which you say are exactly the same).

KWGN was not available in HD in the Denver local package. I don't think the others were either.

Dish does not carry KTLA in HD here in LA. In fact, they are the only provider that doesn't. Direct, FiOS, and all of the local cables company carry KTLA HD.

WGN TV 9 Chicago is currently uplinked BUT NOT AVAILABLE on channel 5085 on tp 11 spot 14 at 61.5º
This is along side the rest of the Chicago local network HD channels.

WGN Superstation is REPORTED as being uplinked to a channel labeled TMP15 on channels 5380 and 9447 on tp 21 at 61.5º and tp 3 at 129º.

As to the other suprerstations:

WPIX HD is uplinked to 615º ch.6304 spot beam in NYC but NOT available to subscribers
WWOR HD is NOT uplinked at this time.
KWGN HD is NOT uplinked at this time.
KTLA HD is NOT uplinked at this time
WSBK HD is NOT uplinked at this time.

See ya
Tony

WGN TV 9 Chicago is currently uplinked BUT NOT AVAILABLE on channel 5085 on tp 11 spot 14 at 61.5º
This is along side the rest of the Chicago local network HD channels.
This would make my year if E* makes WGN TV 9 HD available to Chicago local subscribers. I would take back all of the bad things I said about them... Ok, maybe not all, but at least half of them!

Superstation WGN is a registered trademark of Tribune Company. True, it is no longer a superstation. The National feed is called Superstation WGN. This channel should be coming soon to E* viewers. I am looking forward to this channel.
These shows are available in high definition:

Coming Soon

Also available in high definition:

Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox

Last edited:
that would be nice. getting the superstations package in hd should be easy to negotiate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)