WGN HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Anyone know why, even after all Dish Network's website changes with the TurboHD packages, that WGN HD is not listed as a carried channel under Turbo Bronze, Silver or Gold?

It also wasn't listed on the website after being added when the Absolute package was available.

You would think Dish would be listing all its offerings on the website.

EDIT: I just noticed that Planet Green HD, CBS College Sports HD and Lifetime Movie Network aren't listed either even though Lifetime is!

Last edited:
good point. Dish really rushed to introduce the TurboHD package. They keep changing the pages on the web site. Someone really needs to proof read before posting. Now, we know that MHD is changing names. Why? beats me.

Kind of off topic, but they are changing their name to appear "bigger, more distinct". Basically just a marketing ploy. Read about it here: MTVN Rebrands MHD ‘Palladia,’ Adds New Programs - 8/12/2008 12:53:00 PM - Multichannel News

Anyway, I counted only about 40 HD channel logos on Dish's Turbo page. Interesting that they think it's a good idea to show that graphic on the same page that claims "100 national HD channels!". Almost, Dish, almost...

WGN America is trying to separate themselves from WGN-Local 9. Since it's not a superstation, they wanted to create a brand similar to TBS. Who will buy the station this year is anybody's guest? MTVN is changing the name of MHD because they are launching VH1-HD, CMT-HD, BET-HD, MTV-HD, and M2-HD in the future. Similiar to Discovery when Discovery Networks launched their HD feeds. Made Discovery into HD Theatre.

Dish's website has some minor errors on the TurboHD pages at this time. I just hope that Viacom & CBS channels launch this fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts