WGN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't understand why Dish doesn't drop this channel, it's completely worthless now since it lost all the sports. They claim to go through their lineup to see what is providing value to their customers (Ovation, Slueth), there is no way what they are paying for WGN is worth it showing 24 hours of Walker Texas Ranger.
Everyone doesn't like sports. Remember, opinions are like @$$holes, everybody's got one.

Just for accuracy they do have the same news as the local channel in the morning, just not everyday.

Well last night when I checked E*'s EPG, it DID show the AM news 4-6 M-F into next week.
When I just checked now, ALL of those same timeslots now show paid prog starting this Friday...just like it does on Comcast now. So evidently it appears E* did switch to a different feed.

D*'s EPG continues to show AM news 4-6AM all into next week, just like before.

Salem is a really good show. Like other people have said, they also have other original programming coming soon
Salam, Manhatten, some realty stuff have already premiered. New originals coming and in September some solid syndicated offerings to add to their list. WGN sound be low on the replacement list below many channels.

I wish some of the bigger network groups would condense some of their channels. Like WEtv, Sundance, and IFC all combine into AMC and dump (or sell) the WEtv programming. AMC would then have weeklong programming and the shows on Sundance and IFC would get wider audiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WGN not showing the sports outside of Chicago really is bad for me. I live 125 miles south in Champaign, IL. I no longer get WGN local on Dish, so I don't get Bulls, Blackhawks, or White Sox games when they are on WGN. If I subscribe to an NHL, NBA, or MLB package I still don't get those games I get blackouts. It seems unfair that I have no access whatsoever when my teams are on WGN. Frustrating !

WGN not showing the sports outside of Chicago really is bad for me. I live 125 miles south in Champaign, IL. I no longer get WGN local on Dish, so I don't get Bulls, Blackhawks, or White Sox games when they are on WGN. If I subscribe to an NHL, NBA, or MLB package I still don't get those games I get blackouts. It seems unfair that I have no access whatsoever when my teams are on WGN. Frustrating !
You might be interested to know that as of 2015 (apparently) - it has come to my attention that "WGN TV Sales" is syndicating these sports packages to local affiliates in markets adjacent to Chicago - including Champaign/Springfield. Here are the schedules from last season:

Cubs: http://wgntvsales.com/Sports/Cubs_Schedule.pdf
White Sox: http://wgntvsales.com/Sports/White_Sox_Schedule.pdf
Bulls: http://wgntvsales.com/Sports/Bulls_Schedule.pdf
Blackhawks: http://wgntvsales.com/Sports/Blackhawks_Schedule.pdf

Presumably, these syndication arrangements will be done again for the 2015-2015 sports seasons, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Note that most of these games are carried on subchannels in many markets and so may require an antenna, and may not be available on DISH. Also, it seems like it's not very well publicized by WGN, or anyone else, that these games are available.

D*'s EPG continues to show AM news 4-6AM all into next week, just like before.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but it appears that D* has now switched WGN-A to the completely non-local feed, as there is NO more news in the early AM time slot anymore...must have been switched when they renewed their carriage agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts