Wgn9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Appears DISH is toying around with adding the HD feed. Not sure if its national or local. Any rumors about a national feed for Directv??? Be nice to see the Cubs games in HD...SD just doesn't cut it anymore :(

Dish had it in their list of "planned" channels for HD launch, but the timeline is just "soon".

No word on DirecTV adding the superstation feed in HD. They already carry the local Chicago feed in HD.

It sucks, even BEV in Canada has WGN in HD.

I want the CUBS in HD too!

Well US vs CAN are 2 totally different birds; I be it may have something to do with tweaking the rules as they are really a local channel so I think they have special needs and rules they follow right; like TBS/Peachtree?

Charper i don't think thats the deal as wgn9 and wgn super is totally different, even though they air allot of the same programming. I think the deal tbs and peach tree is that it was two of the same like how wgn is now, but separated into two completely different stations that ended up picking up equal rights to the games, but sense peach tree was a local channel, something had to contractually worked out.

With WGN, the games air locally also air on superstation. Sense the station is owned by both and not separate this doesn't apply as D* can just show the national feed and not mess with any local feeds.

I was just saying it doesnt matter if they are on in CAN because those rules do not apply or are the same as here in the USA. My theory on the delay maybe being because of WGN really being a local is simply that a theory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)