What a deal? Be sure to buy or make offer before it's too late.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
good lord...the receiver is like $100 brand new and maybe worth 20 bucks ;)

1600 bucks.....what the hell are they thinking?

big belly-laugh:

ADTH MPEG-II Digital Satellite Receiver DV3 8600IR NEW - eBay (item 250648907813 end time Jul-10-10 12:57:53 PDT)
ADTH MPEG-II Digital Satellite Receiver DV3 8600IR NEW in box.
only US $1,682.37 BIN :eek:
plus $15 shipping or make offer
Well, "used", actually.
And apparently it doesn't even include the (nice little) dish. :(
They probably paid $1600 for the school courses they got over it for home-schooling their kids.
Not sure, but I think you had to resubscribe every year.
However, that was religious material, and it is no longer available on satellite.

Several folks have posted pix of the dish that came with the receiver, but it's not exceptional enough to pay more than $10 for, IMO. :rolleyes:

How can you tell if the receiver is for BJ Homesat or ABS-CBN Filipino service or what?
Well, I guess I just made the ASSumption! - :eek:
The BJ University was the first one that came to mind, and the high price sounded about right for their curriculum. :D

Everyone seems to think satellite equipment is worth far more than it is these days... A couple of examples I have personally seen over the past week or so:

- Three D* Slimline dishes at a local Goodwill (all new) for $250. Hey, I'm looking for monopole mounts, but I'm not THAT desperate!

- A very nice (but still analog) VCII-RS analog receiver for $50 at another thrift store. Saw that one today. In its defense, it did have 36V actuator power and control, and a REALLY COOL graphic representation of North America showing the locations of the satellites, which would light up as you changed from bird to bird.

I would give them a Jackson for the receiver, but not a penny more...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts