What a Storm!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
great article scott . . . of course i think your personal opinion and bias towards liberty media may make charlie cross you off his Christmas list, but i still think it was a good article!

I am not worried about offending Charlie or anyone else. I just call things as I see them.

Charlie would do good with Sirus XM, but I feel DirecTV would do better.

Scott- If Sirius files chap 11 all that means is they get to put off paying that debt until a later date, the courts will determine how they manage their bills. You and I can continue to enjoy the service. Let'em file chap 11. If the economy recovers, the company may be better able to handle their debt in a year. You may see some high salaried talent and other expenses be cut which IMO, may be a good thing. I know it's just my opinion but I think Howard Stern is way over rated and obviously over paid. I've listened to his show for awhile and I found nothing of value to it. It wasn't educational, nor entertaining. He isn't even a good shock jock anymore. I'm no lawyer but Chap 11 may allow them to escape any contract they may have with him. To a Howard Stern lover- if it comes down to losing Stern or the entire service, what would you say? I know it is a ridiculous question but it is how I feel.

Stern has already been paid for most if not all of his 5 year contract.

Getting rid of him does nothing.

This weeks shows have been some of the best Stern shows in awhile.

Hes not a "shocker" anymore but does some damn good interviews.

They would gain $2 billion a year in cash. And if they buy MUZAK like I have been hinting at then Dish Network would become the nations largest commercial music provider.

The cost of running both services to Dish is small, but the profits are high.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is Echostar acquiring Sirius/XM and then Liberty starting their own satellite music service or possibly trying to get the courts to split Sirius/XM.... Hmm.... I'll keep dreaming.

They would gain $2 billion a year in cash. And if they buy MUZAK like I have been hinting at then Dish Network would become the nations largest commercial music provider.

The cost of running both services to Dish is small, but the profits are high.
Perhaps, but I think any potential profit will be offset by decreased demand and increased churn, higher customer acquisition costs, and higher than expected administrative costs.

Perhaps, but I think any potential profit will be offset by decreased demand and increased churn, higher customer acquisition costs, and higher than expected administrative costs.
But with how well DirecTV can advertise and market its services I think they could increase the customer base and increase the demand for that particular service. Or rather, I should say Liberty Media. I still say they ought to create their own sat music service. Maybe piggyback with their TV sats?

I am not worried about offending Charlie or anyone else. I just call things as I see them.

Charlie would do good with Sirus XM, but I feel DirecTV would do better.
Especially since Direct is doing a better job running satellite TV than Dish is. One would anyone think Dish would do better than Direct running satellite radio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)