What about PBSHD in Kansas City?

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Calling probably tonight to trade in my leased 942 for a 622. My question is in order to get PBS in HD will still have to keep an antannae hooked up to my 622? I live in the Kansas City area (Olathe 66062). And from what I understand I will only get CBS,ABC,NBC,and FOX in HD. So the only way to get PBSHD is to keep an antannae hooked up. Is this correct? Also will they have to install a new dish outside. I currently have a Dish 500. Not sure what switches I have though. Thanks

HI Welcome to SATGUYS :) yes that is correct :) They will mostlikely upgrade you to a dish 1000 (one dish 3 LNB's) A LNB is the eye of the dish :) Keep the antenna up for now as it will make a good backup ;) Dish may add pbs hd and CW hd in the future allthough this is speculation as noone knows when :)

NO PBS-HD from Dish

brian913 said:
So the only way to get PBSHD is to keep an antenna hooked up. Is this correct?

Correct. Also, you will not get any program information for PBS-HD - and thus, not be able to record any program on the station from the Guide even though you will be paying a monthly fee for 'locals' and an additional monthly (PVR) fee for guide/recording service.

smokejoe said:
Correct. Also, you will not get any program information for PBS-HD - and thus, not be able to record any program on the station from the Guide even though you will be paying a monthly fee for 'locals' and an additional monthly (PVR) fee for guide/recording service.

Not true.... you just have to set a manual pvr timer on that channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)