What am I doing wrong?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
Im trying to bring tv in for my bro before I go overseas. I installed two direct tv dishes 500 with linear LNB's. One dish to be used for 118 and the other for 110,119. I am using a 4 in 1 disqec switch (4 inputs and 1 output).

The reciever Im using is a dishnetwork 222. I went to dishpointer on the reciever,put in his zip code,input tuner 1, tried all 3 satelites 110,119,118, checked a few of the transponders, but did not recieve any signal strength.Then I disconnected one LNB and connected it directed to the reciever and got a strength of only 50. Im pretty sure the dishes are installed correctly as they were used before for dish programming in the past.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong here? I was told I should use a dp21 switch but I was also told going directly from LNB to reciever should work as well. Thanks for the inputs.

Maybe if you used DISH equipment it might work correctly. It might be even easier to call DISH 800-333-3474 and have them setup your bro as a customer with a real account.

And it may not even cost anything for the install.

With the dishes you are trying to set up, we have to wonder what channels are you trying to get.

110+118+119=Very little HD + Internationals

Maybe if you used DISH equipment it might work correctly. It might be even easier to call DISH 800-333-3474 and have them setup your bro as a customer with a real account.

I do have a real account but will be leaving over seas for a few weeks so he asked if he can barrow my reciever until Im back and I said its fine as long as I can get it connected for him.
For those who are interested in helping I appreciate your time in trying to get this done. I will try a check switch next like one member recommended and will respond with the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)