What am I getting?

FinalMacGyver

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Ohio
I just received my order information and it Iam getting a HD DuoDVR Receiver, MPEG4 only allowed equiptment and a Wing Dish. What stuff is this? I live in ohio if that makes a difference. One other question I have bronze turbo hd being installed on thursday, how long do I have to decide if I want to upgrade to silver or gold?

Last edited:
Sounds like a 722 receiver with a two dish setup. I would question the two dish setup. Ask for eastern or western arc with one dish unless it's necessary for the programing you requested.

Larger hard drive and a newer chip on the 722.. But in all actuality you will probably get a 722.. It's just a technicality on the name of these two units..

Dish has VOD????

Oh you mean that junk they call VOD.. Yes both receivers can hook to the internet to take advantage of VOD.. They are virtually the same receiver with just the differences I mentioned.

do they both offer vod ability?
Dish has VOD????

Oh you mean that junk they call VOD.. Yes both receivers can hook to the internet to take advantage of VOD.. They are virtually the same receiver with just the differences I mentioned.

The 722 has all VOD in 1080i HD. The 622 VOD is still stuck in SD only. In addition, both units offer 1080p VOD, but the 1080p offerings from Dish have been very limited at this time.

You do not need internet for VOD, as that is automatically downloaded to the harddrive via satellite even if you don't actually buy the program, hence the term "on-demand".

Programs are available via IP using what Dish calls "DishOnline" and are manually downloaded to the harddrive when ordered. You must wait for the download to complete before viewing, so not exactly "on-demand" but sort of. Both units can do HD via DishOnline.

The 1080i HD VOD on my folks' 722 has been great, I wish I had one.

Never was a good reader.. :)
And my original post mentioned the different chip in the 722 which is why it doesn't get HD pre downloaded.. But Dish does call the internet downloads VOD, which is sort of true. It starts downloading on DEMAND.. It's all a waste to me.. I don't watch any of it. Not paying their extortion rates.

You guys have been a great help I guess my only other question is if I am getting this installed on Thursday do I have to decide if I want to upgrade to silver by then or can I upgrade later? Im worried that if I decide I want to go to silver or gold that because I would them be a existing customer after thursday that I won't be able to.

You guys have been a great help I guess my only other question is if I am getting this installed on Thursday do I have to decide if I want to upgrade to silver by then or can I upgrade later? Im worried that if I decide I want to go to silver or gold that because I would them be a existing customer after thursday that I won't be able to.

They will gladly upgrade you at any time.

Dish has VOD????

Actually, one other difference is that the 722 also has an additional format to download and playback content from the web. I forget which, but I think it is VC-1.

So dish will be out tomorrow in between 8-12 the only other questtions is there anything I need to know prior to them coming out and will they provide the HDMI/Component Cables for the HD Boxes or should I use my own?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts