what and how many dishes do I need?

wmoyes

Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
N 38º57', W 92º23'
I started out with a Dish 500 to use with my original legasy receivers. Then, when I upgraded to HD and locals just a few months ago, I replaced the Dish 500 with a SuperDish that has a third LNB for locals. Now I have an install date for a 622 and I'm told I need a Dish 1000 AND another dish installed to receive all the HD programming (including VOOM) and my locals. Can I just use the two dishes I already have and mount both of them together without getting yet another dish? And what's up with the talk I've heard from my local retailer about the Dish 1000 satellites not being "activated" yet; that one of the new satellites isnt' working currently?

since you didnt list your location, I can't verify which locals you have but since you mentioned SD that sort of helps

Right now you would need 2 dishes (SD for 110/119/locals (either 105 or 121) and a Dish 500 for 129 (HD)

Once E10 is operational at 110 they will be moving some locals off Superdish and to 110....so all you would need then is a Dish1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts