What are good readings for 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
For folks in the midwest (and especially those who may have hand-peaked their 61.5 dishes), what are good signal strength readings for some of the transponders on 61.5? Mine range from 45 to 55, and a few can be a little higher, but I'm wondering if they could be better?

110 readings are usually in the high 50s to low 60s, and 119 are usually up in the 70s.

The "new" signal strength meter is surely better for somebody, but it's done nothing but fill me with feelings of inadequacy since it was released... I want a perfect reading on each satellite, dammit! :)

Here in Ohio those seem to be typical readings for all 3 of those birds. And yes...I share your pain with regards to the modified signal strengths. I think what makes it the most disheartening is seeing the maximum still up at 125. IMO it probably should be set at 80 or 85

my 61.5 ranges from 30 to 50. don't know if my lnb drift is lowering the signal level but the dish has been peaked and i can't get it higher than 50. some tp's go as low as 28.

For folks in the midwest (and especially those who may have hand-peaked their 61.5 dishes), what are good signal strength readings for some of the transponders on 61.5? Mine range from 45 to 55, and a few can be a little higher, but I'm wondering if they could be better?

110 readings are usually in the high 50s to low 60s, and 119 are usually up in the 70s.

The "new" signal strength meter is surely better for somebody, but it's done nothing but fill me with feelings of inadequacy since it was released... I want a perfect reading on each satellite, dammit! :)

Have fun... http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-center/127457-what-signals-can-you-see-61-5-a.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)