What are the odds of a $6 DVR fee on the 922?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well now that the hopper is almost out, Dish really does not have an excuse any more to charge $10/month for the 922. Will they relent and go back to the $6 DVR fee or continue the slap in the face of a $10 fee for no reason?

If Dish were to change to $6 on 3/15 it would probably go a long ways towards making existing 922 users happy.

When was the last time Dish or any company reduced a fee?
Odds.......very very low IMO.

Are you kidding? Dish probably views the 922 fee as an INCENTIVE for 922 people to switch to Hopper. I think Dish would be happy if the 922 disappeared from the face of the earth. In the meantime happily collecting the $10. It is officially an obsolete box. Dead, but not quite buried :).

DISH is the KING of made up, charge it, because we can FEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Besides DISH charges the extra $4.00 on your 922s as a punishment, like more salt to the wound.;)

Well now that the hopper is almost out, Dish really does not have an excuse any more to charge $10/month for the 922. Will they relent and go back to the $6 DVR fee or continue the slap in the face of a $10 fee for no reason?

If Dish were to change to $6 on 3/15 it would probably go a long ways towards making existing 922 users happy.

I don't understand the purpose of this thread.If you don't want to pay the $10. DVR fee with the 922,you go with the 722k.Then your DVR fee is $6.:confused:

I don't understand the purpose of this thread.If you don't want to pay the $10. DVR fee with the 922,you go with the 722k.Then your DVR fee is $6.:confused:

Because people paid $200 for the 922 to get the sling extender which was never released for a 2nd TV in HD. So, they paid $200 for the upgrade and promise, ended up paying the $4 monthly fee for no reason.

Because people paid $200 for the 922 to get the sling extender which was never released for a 2nd TV in HD. So, they paid $200 for the upgrade and promise, ended up paying the $4 monthly fee for no reason.

Well I'm able to"Sling" my TV2 to my desktop in HD no problems with my 922, so I guess I don't see the value of your complaint,sorry.I guess I'm one of the few who can see the value of the 922's $10. DVR fee because of the improved Logo Programming Guide,Slingbox features and redesigned Menu Tiles,so much so I purchased my 922 and the MT2 Dual Over The Air Tuners Module also.:)

But the solution to your complaint is an easy one,for those who don't think the 922's $10.DVR fee is worth it,go back to the 722k and it's $6. DVR fee,or sign up for the Hopper and it's $10 DVR fee.;)

Well I'm able to"Sling" my TV2 to my desktop in HD no problems with my 922, so I guess I don't see the value of your complaint,sorry.I guess I'm one of the few who can see the value of the 922's $10. DVR fee because of the improved Logo Programming Guide,Slingbox features and redesigned Menu Tiles,so much so I purchased my 922 and the MT2 Dual Over The Air Tuners Module also.:)

But the solution to your complaint is an easy one,for those who don't think the 922's $10.DVR fee is worth it,go back to the 722k and it's $6. DVR fee,or sign up for the Hopper and it's $10 DVR fee.;)

Dish would give you a free (after rebate) sling adapter a 722 to allow this functionality without the $4 fee. The 722 also has features that they do not have working on the 922.

Going back to the 722 does not get you back what you had to pay for the 922, there is no refund.

I am not looking for a refund of paid money, I am just pointing out that now Dish is simply gouging current 922 owners.

As far as changing the receiver there is also the huge hassel factor of having to redo all the timers. Dish really needs a cloud based timer save... Saving to a remote that cannot be used with a different box (i.e. hopper has a new remote), does not solve the issue.

Dish would give you a free (after rebate) sling adapter a 722 to allow this functionality without the $4 fee. The 722 also has features that they do not have working on the 922.

Going back to the 722 does not get you back what you had to pay for the 922, there is no refund.

I am not looking for a refund of paid money, I am just pointing out that now Dish is simply gouging current 922 owners.

As far as changing the receiver there is also the huge hassel factor of having to redo all the timers. Dish really needs a cloud based timer save... Saving to a remote that cannot be used with a different box (i.e. hopper has a new remote), does not solve the issue.

I totally understand where your coming from and the point your trying to make,that is exactly the reason why I will never pay an upgrade fee for a leased receiver,or buy something else for it because I am leasing it.

I will just save up and buy it all,then I own it and can resell it,or DISH will consider my new 24 month commitment enough for a free lease upgrade.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)