What are the odds of PTA picking up a network affiliate change?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
On Monday, the Charlotte FOX and CW stations are essentially swapping affiliations. Not really sure how it works in the background, but it will be interesting to see if Dish makes the appropriate change for PTA to record the new FOX station, since it was not part of PTA while it was a CW affiliate. Anyone else's market had changed/swapped affiliates since the advent of PTA?

More info for the curious: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/28/4135683/fox-and-cw-networks-switch-stations.html

My money says they miss it... it might take a few days or even longer to correct it (unless a Dish rep with the right connections sees this thread!!).

Looking at Zap2It, on Monday at 11pm, they list "Fox 46" news on the CW channel. So they've coordinated the changes with Tribune Media. I just don't think there's a mechanism in place that would get Dish notified. Contract-wise, this doesn't impact Dish, as it looks like they already carry CW and Fox in that market.

Looking at Zap2It, on Monday at 11pm, they list "Fox 46" news on the CW channel. So they've coordinated the changes with Tribune Media. I just don't think there's a mechanism in place that would get Dish notified. Contract-wise, this doesn't impact Dish, as it looks like they already carry CW and Fox in that market.

Yeah...the guide is properly showing the FOX lineup on 46 starting Monday. I just created a timer to pick up the one I don't want to miss in case PTA doesn't catch the changeover.

Also sent DIRT a PM, in case they had any connection or wanted to let someone know.

Last edited:
On mine, the program info has the right shows on the right channels, but the logos are still wrong, and PTAT is still recording channel 18 for Fox, instead of new channel 46. No real surprise there, I suppose. Perhaps they will correct during the normal uplink tomorrow.

My money says they miss it... it might take a few days or even longer to correct it (unless a Dish rep with the right connections sees this thread!!).

I'm with Dish, but I hardly have the right connections...LOL...but FYI, Dish is aware of the change, and an alert had been sent to the phone agents that it may take some time to migrate the proper info, and that the CW station may briefly show up in the PTAT recordings, while the Fox station does not. But we are aware of it. :)

The guides is now updated to show the sat feeds correctly but the OTA feed for 046-01 still says CW and the OTA feed for 018-01 still says Fox. Dish got it half right so far. PTAT should work correctly now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)