What are these channels? (pic) - (6201-6206)

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
ExtraChs.jpg

Anyone know what these channels are for?

Attachments

• ExtraChs.jpg
    ExtraChs.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 186
They changed the regular MPEG2 HD channels to only show up on MPEG4 capable receivers. So when the sub calls in since they some how got missed on the upgrade plan they schedule their upgrade and tell the sub to tune to those channels you have pictured. It keeps them happy but also gets them to call in. Those channels will get changed to MPEG4 soon and the mirror numbers in your picture above will be removed.

They changed the regular MPEG2 HD channels to only show up on MPEG4 capable receivers. So when the sub calls in since they some how got missed on the upgrade plan they schedule their upgrade and tell the sub to tune to those channels you have pictured. It keeps them happy but also gets them to call in. Those channels will get changed to MPEG4 soon and the mirror numbers in your picture above will be removed.

That would make sense.

Last night I flipped back and forth between them (expecting to see a difference in picture quality) but I could not tell any difference.....and usually I am good at finding that kind of stuff.

The only I noticed is that the audio picked up a lot faster. Usually when "channel surfing" it takes a good few secs for the pic and audio to come up.....but when flipping between the 620x and the 3xx versions, the delay was very short - almost like the channels where "mapped" to each other and I was just watching the EXACT same thing....

Then I don't know, I'm not worthy to get them. :)

There has been postings about these on other forums. They are for the MPEG4 transition, as the originals were marked so only VIP receivers would see them

This was on 8/14:

CHNG 9420 TNT MPEG2 HD Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 138
TO 9420 TNT MPEG2 HD VIP Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 138

As stated above, this was added to provide temporary service to those needing upgraded equipment:
ADD 6201 TNT MPEG2 HD Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HIDE

According to the info popup on my 722, they are all still coming from 110.

There has been postings about these on other forums. They are for the MPEG4 transition, as the originals were marked so only VIP receivers would see them

This was on 8/14:

CHNG 9420 TNT MPEG2 HD Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 138
TO 9420 TNT MPEG2 HD VIP Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HD MAP 138

As stated above, this was added to provide temporary service to those needing upgraded equipment:
ADD 6201 TNT MPEG2 HD Tp 7 EchoStar 8 110w AVAIL HIDE

According to the info popup on my 722, they are all still coming from 110.

Thanks but I knew that information. I have a 722 and a 622 receiver so I should be getting those channels too but I'm not. Not that I care, just saying that I don't have them in my guide.

I believe HIDE means you won't see them unless you're subscribed to the channel number. Anyone still have an active 811, 921 or 942 seeing the 620_ channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts