What are these?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

SNT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
xslt.alexa.com
e0.extreme-dm.com

Well, actually I know what they are, just wondering what the uses are for these at this site.

-SNT

They are used so the Admins (Scott) get a good idea of the amout of traffic to this site. ( See the front page, on page rankings from Alexa. )

Yup that is it exactly. :)

We have had a few people want to be sponsors but they wanted data to be compiled by companies outside of satelliteguys so that I couldnt fudge the numbers. :)

SNT said:
On every page?
Yes. It keeps track of how many hits pages get. It's one thing to say you have 1000 unique visitors a day, but they may only view the home page. By tracking each page, it can be determined that those 1000 unique visitors view 10 pages or whatever the number is. When you are paying by the number of page views or relative popularity of a site or forum, these things make a difference.

Ok, just to let Scott know, my browser never connects to these sites so the page views won't be accurate. Sorry.

-SNT

P.S. I like PINK.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)