What are you going to do about the MPEG-4 transition?

What are you going to do about the MPEG-4 transition?

• I'm going to upgrade to an MPEG-4 receiver as soon as possible!

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I don't know what I am going to do.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I am going to do nothing.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Take a hike Echostar, I'm not your customer anymore!

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I am going to wait till April for the $200 rebate

Votes: 25 25.0%

• Total voters

jsanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
This is the second poll.

Let's find out if there is any discrepency between how we feel and what we are going to do.....

Should we add an option "Upgrade after April 1"?

Ilya said:
Should we add an option "Upgrade after April 1"?

I don't know how to add options to a poll after it started.
Do you think that we could just consider April 1 to be as soon as possible for some?

I was in this position with D*. Since the cost to upgrade to the MPEG4 equipment was also outrageous along with adding a monstrous dish weighing about 35lbs and no new HD programming added, I made the switch to E* today. So I guess I would have fallen into another category...Take a hike DirecTV, I'm not your customer anymore!

I would really like to wait until the Vip222 is available, however, I'm afraid of waiting because i am afraid of not getting a good upgrade install. If I knew for sure that I'd be able to upgrade for around $49, I would wait and trade in one of my 301's and my 811 for the 222.

Looks like E* is doing pretty well at this point.

Think about the results of these two polls thus far.

Most of the respondants feel that they have been taken advantage of by E* with the MPEG-4 transitiion.

Yet, half of the respondants on this poll say they are going to get the new box, either now, or by April 1.

Only one person is leaving.

E* appears to know what they are doing. They know how to upset us, but not enough for us to take any action about it.

Well I voted for planning to do nothing. Which is 100% true, until later when I'll upgrade my 811 to a 211 for $49. Or maybe I'll roll the dice and hold onto it until the bitter end of MPEG-2 and then have them switch me up for free.

I voted to at least wait for the April $200 rebate but that's only if something better doesn't come along sooner.

I'm not happy about waiting but voted to wait until April for the $200 rebate.

I still have over a year left on my 942 lease commitment. Why should I dump Dish or not upgrade at this point?

When my 18 month commitment to the 622 expires in late 2007, I will re-evaluate my cable and DBS options.

Well, I don't much care for some of the limitations of the 211, and don't intend to pay the requested gouge for a 622.

So I intend to be the last 811 sub in existence :)

Will be waiting for the time being, and will enjoy my OTA HD instead. Hey just wanted to ask I saw in a post a couple of days ago that someone was saying something about getting the rebate on turning in a leased 522. Is there any truth to that? I apologize for posting this here, I can't seem to locate that post I am referencing. Any help is always appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts