What Are Your Black Friday Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebirds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Do you plan your Black Friday with the precision of a military unit?
Do you and your family fan out across Wal-Mart in color-coordinated sweats, walkie talkies in hand, to find the best deals on the day after Thanksgiving? Is Black Friday - the opening of the holiday shopping season - an annual event at your house that requires scouring ads, planning ahead and coordination?
2057792057_f9e715f208.jpg

madnessblackfriday.jpg

In this economic climate, things may get even crazier than normal, so be prepared!
I stole this wonderful List for the best Black friday sales from my friend, you can create your own shopping list also.
Hehe...
What are your Black Friday plans?

Staying home this year, deals will be going on all season long, for me nothing in the black friday ads stands out this year

+1.

I can't stand crowds. For 3 years now, I've actually done all my shopping online and didn't have to step foot into a mall once.

+1 buddy :up:up! Me and crowds don't mix. Shopping online the way to go for me as well. It has to be something big for me to endure any type of crowded environment. Me, on Black Friday, layed up on the couch jamming on some Resistance 2 online. Every one have a great Thanksgiving.

Okay, I guess I will buck the trend. I consider my wife a professional shopper and I have to tell you guys, with my 3 boys there is usually about 15 video games (PS3, Wii, DS) on the list and she knows how to work every deal out there. Not to mention countless other things she has in her plans, so yup, I will be joining her, probably leaving the house and a nice early 4:00 am time slot. I actually have a bunch of fun with her running around giving me orders to get this and that. Usually I come across something unplanned too. Have fun sleeping in boys, I will be on the front lines!

As usual I will be as far away as I can possibly get from any retail establishment!

See ya
Tony

Ditto.

But we'll be hosting the family Thanksgiving Day meal on Friday, since that's the day most folks could make it. We'll have 15 or 16 this year. Traditional turkey, smoked turkey and smoked lamb. Nobody gets away from that table hungry!

Throw a couple of logs in the woodstove, maybe do some decorating, start my almost famous turkey noodle stew, watch a game from the hottub in the "small" HT in the greenhouse, kick back, nothing special. I avoid the stores like the plague on BF...

Happy Turkey Day all...

Work.

4am-5pm

Unfortunately, for me on BF, I run one of the crazy establishments :(

At least it's only one day a year, and hey, last year I only had to throw out one person. Best year yet.

Work.

4am-5pm

Unfortunately, for me on BF, I run one of the crazy establishments :(

At least it's only one day a year, and hey, last year I only had to throw out one person. Best year yet.

Which one do you work at?

As usual I will be as far away as I can possibly get from any retail establishment!
Next to death, participating in another Black & Blue Friday fisticuffs is at the bottom of my To-Do-List. Other than writing a white paper or two, my extended weekend plans may include picking up a flat pannel TV from Costco and getting funnel cake (for my wife) at a local flea market.

They are having to shut down the cooling tower that feeds our data center over Thanksgiving at my office for repairs. So, we have to shut down everything tomorrow night and bring everything back online Friday morning.

So, no shopping for me!!! Maybe do a little online shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.