What aspect ratio is best for an HDTV with Dish?

cinnabun93

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
United States
I have my dish HD settings at offair for analog type, 1080i for resolution, and 16x9 for aspect ratio. Is 4x3 better or is 16x9 better. Which aspect ratio is best and should i tweak my settings at all?

He did the same with HDMI cables as well. He asked the same question several times on different threads about Monster cables vs other brands.

The answer is, what ever looks best to you.

He did the same with HDMI cables as well. He asked the same question several times on different threads about Monster cables vs other brands.

The answer is, what ever looks best to you

That is all anyone can ask for. I have a neighbor who is color blind & to me his TV is jacked beyond all recognition. As long as he's happy that's all that matters. I agree with do wahtever looks the best for you.

Actually, yesterdays answers were terse and incomplete.

Analog input type should be Offair. The other settings are obsolete and probably used by no one anymore, there is no atsc cable that I know of and the HRC thing is another cable modulation.

Best resolution depends on what resolution your TV is and which looks best. If oyu have a720p TV, try 720p. If your TV is 1080i use 1080i. If your TV is 1080p, try both and see which looks best over several different channels.

Most likely your HDTV is 16X9, unless you have an old Sony CRT HDTV that was 4X3. ALL new HDTVs are 16X9.

Perhaps, but like mine, if you've ever watched a lot of actual HD on it, you have nice pink bars on the top and bottom.

my god this is a stupid question, HD is always 16:9, only SD programs on HD feeds are 4:3 with side pillars covering the missing parts that fills up the 16:9 screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts