What aspect setting are on the 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MichaelC

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 22, 2004
MA
What aspect settings does the 622 have when watching SD channels on a widescreen TV. Does it just something better than just wide?
I'm going back to Dish from Direct with a 622. My old 811 didn't have a good stretch setting.

Normal (4x3 or 16x9 depending on signal) grey - same as nromal but grey borders., stretch, partial zoom and zoom.

I generally run using partial zoom, you lose a bit off the top and bottom and it's a little stretched but very watchable

MichaelC said:
What aspect settings does the 622 have when watching SD channels on a widescreen TV. Does it just something better than just wide?
I'm going back to Dish from Direct with a 622. My old 811 didn't have a good stretch setting.
you can hit the star button and it switches between zoom, stretch, partial zoom and normal. i usually keep it on partial zoom most of the time.

I keep it on normal all the time. I don't like the stretch because it makes it look strange and I don't like zoom because you lose part of the picture. But to each his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)