Status
Not open for further replies.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
I usually leave a quick feedback on a fast payment, etc. Now if I pay like right then, the seller does not give feedback until I do. The seller is not giving feedback on how I like or dislike his/her product but on the speed and ease of getting the payment from me after the bid closes. It's my place to rate that item after I inspect it. So why does some people hold off? That's bs and really not the way EBay want's feedback done. But what really pisses me off is when someone doesn't leave feedback, you ungrateful little sh*t. :mad: But anyhow, I just wondered if it was just me.

I've always given feedback when someone has paid me, but recently, I've had to beg for people to then leave me feedback when they get the item. I think this is why people are now waiting to get feedback from the buyer first.

I'm starting to feel the same way. I mean how hard is it to leave feedback, especially if you already got positive feedback from that person. A big seller whom I've purchased from that has like 700 feedback, if you look through his recent transactions, he hasn't left feedback to buyers for over a month. It is Bullsh!t. He gets the feedback, and still doesn't leave it. I've asked him twice now that I would appreciate some feedback.

Although feedback is a part of doing business. I wouldn't sweat it. I have been on both sides and have and have not left feedback for all buyers or sellers.

Consider it 'optional'.

Oh my god, i've stopped using ebay for exactly this reason. These a**holes who make their living off ebay don't leave feedback until you leave it. God forbid you're not uber-nice...

I left a positive on a dvd purchase, but left a comment that the packaging could use work. Got a negative feedback based on that. Absolutely insane, and the woman and I tried to talk it out but she was adament that I not say something like that (though true)...

And ebay won't do a thing about it, so I don't use ebay. It's disgusting and might be why ebay isn't nearly the buzzword it was 3 years ago. When someone buys from you, you give them feedback. Their part of the transaction is done, don't be a schmuck, leave feedback. How hard is that honestly?

People make me sick sometimes...

I wish more people would leave me feedback as well. It is hard getting started when people do not leave feedback.

There is one advertiser here (I will not mention who) that did not leave me feedback right after I paid them. They waited until I left feedback. I was not impressed at all and doubt I will do business with them again. It's just nice for someone say thank you for your quick payment or shipping.

What pisses me off is when a seller states " we power tested the reciever, it powers up and seems to operate perfectly" ,,, then I buy the stereo reciever, he ships it , I get it, and it does not make a sound.

The volume knob is pushed into the frame and through the circut board. The seller claims " sold as is". I claim "your add said you tested it" ,, since this is a f**king stereo reciever I assume you tested to see if it did make sound.

Thats what pisses me off about E-Bay!

Last edited:
I can understand if a big business is really busy and does not get around to leaving feedback but those that do not sell that much stuff that do not leave feedback, that is something else. Maybe they should require feedback to be left on each item.

I actually went rounds with a seller about leaving feedback for me, for one of my first ebay purchases, a 76cm dish. As I put it to them: the only thing you have to say about me is whether or not I paid you in a timely fashion. I, on the other hand, have lots to say about your speed of service, condition of product etc. I also informed him I really did not like having my feedback held "hostage".

It was only after I told the seller (who posts here and reads these forums btw) that I was going to start posting my views on this seller on various forums that he FINALLY left me my feedback. Needless to say that seller has never seen another of the many dollars I have spent on FTA equipment.

I've only bought a handful of stuff there and I've only had one transaction blow up in my face. Item never arrived, lost all communication with seller, etc. Left negative feedback. I think he disappeared from the face of the earth because I never got ANY kind of feedback from him at all.

Thankfully I was only out $25.

I know one guy bought something from over seas for around $3000, he never got the item. I will not do nothing over seas for that reason.
drhydro, the one reason I started this thread is because someone on this forum done me the same way and will never see another dollar from me.
BTW, you know who you are. I hope you feel good about losing business.

Last edited:
If you used USPS then it is no wonder why it got lost. It seems like everything that the USPS ships out without insurance gets lost. I now have to make people pay for a tracking number too if they use USPS because I lost $34 due to someone saying that there was an unauthorized transaction from their account and PayPal says I was covered under Seller protection they just needed the tracking number. Needless to say there was insurance but no tracking number.

Star, I have never lost anything in shipping or had anything shipped to me through the post office get lost. I recommend USPS or UPS, NO Fed "Hex" for me.

FWIW, it is not that expensive to have a Delivery Confirmation number put on USPS packages. This is not a number that guarantees to provide exact "tracking" of where a package went each day, but does indicate that it was delivered to the buyer and gives a date and time of such delivery. My experience is that I usually do get tracking info anyway, as most packages are simply automatically scanned as USPS moves them around, but YMMV.
This DC number is usually "PayPal accepted" on smaller/lower value items.

You must have been aweful lucky cablewithaview, I have had several issues with USPS. I have had mail sent to me opened on several occassions, it took one month to receive mail 35 miles away, I just had a federal tax income paper from the IRS with a cigarette hole burnt through it, an item lost last year that I got tracking on it, never did get retrieved, and I am STILL waiting for my money back in what it cost me to ship the item, had some delivery confirmations not work, had an item for a SuperDish not get to me a few months ago, had a smart card not get to me about a month ago, had mail not get to me. This is just what I can think of on the top of my head. There are some MAJOR problems in the USPS system. I am surprised that there are not anymore complaints than there are and I definitely would not recommend them unless you get insurance on the item. I find it ironic that nothing ever got lost when I insured it.

What type of problems did you have with FedEx?

I've had a few things supposedly shipped and lost in through usps and brown, I've sent mail and had it lost by usps as has my wife recently sent a usps MO disapear ( usps will investigate lost/missing MO so keep the stubs ).

I've been on ebay for over 10 years now though not heavily and I have maybe 61 feed back, Ive bought maybe 500 +- items and left about 400 feedback when deemed it necesary. If I dont get feedback its not a big deal, it doesnt dictate my happiness and wellbeing in life and isnt a factor in my bargain hunting enjoyment.

I stear clear of any seller that states " we powered up the device and it seems to work" any jackass can put a power cord into a wall socket and call it powered up. I also stear clear of " we walked around the vehicle, and looked underneath but did not start it " makes you wonder if there is a drive train and what condition its in. Then theres the " we dont know anything about it" and to top it off all the stuf by goldie, nlrebel, pics of my wife/girlfriend/exgirlfriend/bestfriendsgirlfriend/chick I got with a roofie colata stuff, and jesus in my toilet bowl stuff or the as I like to call it " as seen on late night tv crap.

I wouldn't worried too much about the feedback count, but what really PISSING me OFF, that hidden dough stuffed into inflated S/H the for sellers.
Last couple years those big count seller milking shamelessly :(.
You can see triple s/h price for same item from same state !

I am reading that the total calculated S&H charges will be included in the search results in the near future on eBay which should help you know the S&H on about all of the items. Perhaps there will be a total amount for the item included in S&H so that you can do a search based upon total cost including S&H. I also read where there is supposed to be a new feedback system put in place later this year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)