Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
this is a take off of my I.E.7 thread where I see alot of people that use different browsers just seeing what you are comfortable with!

I use Firefox and I.E.7 now, but mostly I.E.

sixbears said:
I am using Firefox 1.5.0.1 and ie 6. Hey where can I download a copy of ie 7? Been waiting to try that.

Look for the thread on this board announcing the release. Keep in mind it is the beta 2 (not final) and is for XP / SP2 only.

Firefox. There is no earthly reason to use IE.

Geronimo said:
Firefox. There is no earthly reason to use IE.
I can count 90% reasons why I need to use IE. Designing a site that works only in Firefox is almost as bad as one that only works in IE. That being said, I do all my design work in Firefox and then only test with IE. Anything that doesn't work "properly" in IE I evaluate what the impact will be on the end user to figure out if I take the time to perform a workaround.

cdru said:
I can count 90% reasons why I need to use IE. Designing a site that works only in Firefox is almost as bad as one that only works in IE. That being said, I do all my design work in Firefox and then only test with IE. Anything that doesn't work "properly" in IE I evaluate what the impact will be on the end user to figure out if I take the time to perform a workaround.

Who said anything about designinga site that only works in Firefox? I just don't know why more people are not using it.

At home I use IE 7. At the office I am using IE 6 and also AOL Explorer 1.20.8.1 which is not AOL itself but lets you access AOL's proxies without needing the full AOL program on your PC (This is handy as a certain site has blocked me from accessing them so I can still get in via this method) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts