What cables or converters does 942 come with?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I am getting a 942 to replace my 921. I use DVI today, I know the 942 is HDMI. Do I have to replace my cable or does the 942 come with a cable or converter. My current DVI length is about 9-10 feet.

birddoggy said:
it comes with a HDMI to DVI cable, and then a DVI to HDMI adapter (if i remember right)
That's what mine came with. So, you should be all set whether you have DVI or HDMI.

BobaBird said:
You may not be all set if you have HDMI and want to receive sound through that connection. For that you will need an HDMI-HDMI cable.

I am using the HDMI=>DVI cable with the DVI=>HDMI converter (all came with the 942) to give a HDMI-to-HDMI connection and it works fine, sound and all.

da Doug

Thanks! I already have a DVI cable for the 921, so the adapter witht he 942 shoudl do the trick. Any idea how long the HDMI->DVI cable is? I need about 9 feet and I can us the native cable otherwise the adapter will have to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)