What Cablevision Should Do

well i cant have tivo cuz cablevision went sdv, and i have some channels that i will lose if i have a tivo. And another thing I KNOW THAT u can set it to tape 5 min before and 5 min after or whatever, but then u have to do that all the time. You have to schedule to record your show all the time and u just cant set iit to record new episodes, because if you do it will always tape from the time slot. I agree it is the networks fault , but Tivo used to let u preprogram all of this info so you would only have to set a show once. With cablevision you would have to set it up every week to not miss the beggining and end of a show. thats very annoying.
zzzav8.png

OHhhhhhh, and one more thing, with cablevision's switched digital video, channels now take even longer to change! GREAT :(! and if you have a cablecard you lose all your voom hd channels. Verizon wont have this problem cuz they are fully fiber optic.

Funny I dont have a problem with any of my sv channels taking longer which ones do you have, as its appearently not voom?

Also YES CABLEVISION needs to be fully fiber optic, because when you go out and spend thousands of dollars on a new hdtv, you want the best possible picture, and cablevision cant offer that as long as they are not fully fttp. Verizon picture will look stunning on one of those hdtv's.

guess you never seen this YouTube - Verizon Fios Sucks!!! look how great that picture is.

Luckily I dont have an Hdtv and dont plan on getting one soon with the economy and all, but those people with hdtv are probably gonna bite the bullet, lose news 12, and get amazing crystal clear picture quality. Did you know if you pop up an antenna on your roof, youll get better HD quality then cablevision for local channels, and you pay cablevision, you dont pay an antenna.

its funny how people complain about the quality of hd programming from cablevision but yet hey dont even have an hd tv.

OK OK , cablevision shills, youve made ur points and attacked me, but it doesnt change the fact that your product sucks, and people know that, so whatever.

OK OK , cablevision shills, youve made ur points and attacked me, but it doesnt change the fact that your product sucks, and people know that, so whatever.

i was asking a valid question you said you had issue on your sv channels taking to long to change and not being able to use your tivo to record them yet you dont have an hd set so what channels are you having a problem with? or are you just making stuff up to bitch about with no real experience with those services.

i was asking a valid question you said you had issue on your sv channels taking to long to change and not being able to use your tivo to record them yet you dont have an hd set so what channels are you having a problem with? or are you just making stuff up to bitch about with no real experience with those services.

i dont have an hd set, but i do have an hd dvr box. HD is free with IO, what are they going to do, come to my house and check if i have an hdtv. and yes the channels on cablevision are very slow to change.

i know for a fact that cablevision has poor hd picture quality, i have friends with both fios and cv. I only said cv should go fttp to be on par with fios, i didnt realize it would cost you guys so much money, but whatever. I dont care anymore, Fios is a better quality product, the only advantage you guys have, is a few better channels, free hd, and some other exclusive on demand, but you never know, fios could catch up to you at any time in those departments.

Verizon does not compress the channels? Please visit the Verizon forums for more info on if they do or not.. Youd be surprised.

hmm, ill take a look, but im pretty sure Verizon sends out the channel as they recieve it, they dont compress the channel at all. There was a recent article of how comcast had such terrible hd picture as compared to fios.

Every one who reviews FIOS has mentioned the stunnning picture quality you piece of trash

like this guy from pc mag who compares fios hd tv vs cablevision hd tv meanwhile he admits to never having a box with cablevision
Though I took a quick look at the reception coming in to the standard TVs (which is excellent, by the way), I was most interested in what my HD content would look like. This was the first time I'd had an all-digital feed coming into my set. The Motorola box thankfully, came with HDMI out. Standard TV stations looked good. Then I got into the "800s", where live all the HD channels, including broadcast networks and HD-only stations such as HDNet. The pictures were stunning. The audio was crystal-clear. Oh yes, this was why I bought an HD set.

Gone were the anomalies (pixilation, frozen images, and the like) I'd been seeing on the HD digital channels Cablevision had somehow crammed onto its analog lines (my digital tuner was able to pick them up). "

from
Good-bye Cable TV, Hello Fiber - Columns by PC Magazine

"

IMHO, you lost all credibilty when you admitted not having an HDTV!
you know yourself cablevision compresses HD so much, and they have artifacts. Fios does not. I know this because i have friends and i know who is happy with what. Whatever man, everyone knows cablevision has poor PQ, its not a secret. Just turn on your tv. You can deny it all you like, but people do have eyes.

I have to agree CV has terrible HD.

We had dtv for years, and decided to change it up because dtv was getting expensive.

We DO have an HDTV (sammi 52" 650) Which on dtv looks amazing. SO we switched to cv and the hd channels are look terrible, Pixals / Ghosting
alot like this

YouTube - Cablevision iO pixelation

Is cv doing anything to correct this problem because its unacceptable to watch such a niec tv with such a crappy source. On a side note We also have optonline w/ boost, and we will never use another provider again its crazy fast!!. I dont understand how the net through the same line can run so fast, but it takes a good 2 secs to change channels, and about 5 to open the IO menu.

My Speed test

I have no problems with HD on my end...8300HD Receiver on the Warwick, NY system in Northwest NJ. I've never had a problem with mybox (Going on 3 years now). My previous box at school I had for 10 months, not one problem either.

I will be happy when CBS College Sports HD launches in time for football, and if they add Discovery HD, (CNBC+, or Fox Business HD), and TWCHD...

I guess its kinda hit or miss? I have excellent internet speeds and great signal strenth, so its not a problem in the house, its a problem with the provider

We will prob just switch back to dtv for the tv and keep the opt

How do you know what your "signal strength" is? and your internet speed has 0 to do with pixelation on the tv. At least the type I see in the video posted.

Also note that signal "strength" plays a minor role in the pixelation itself. Its more of a quality of signal issue. How well your distortions are handled. You can have a perfect picture (digital) with -20db and no pixel. You can have massive pixels at +1. The quality of the signal is the bigger issue, and without giving CV time to resolve the issue by sending out techs your really not getting the service you need. Sometimes it will take more then 1-2 maybe 3 or 4 techs to get the issue fixed. Why? Because of the high turn over rate in the low level tech departments. The same is true for call centers etc. Its hard to find good help.

So have CV come out and fix it because its not a national problem, its right there at your house my friend. It could be up the street, but then the whole street would be complaining to. But its certainly not a issue that only CV experiences. Every cable company, Directv, Verizon, att etc experiance the problems at homes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts