What can I expect, new Dish customer!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mraudit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Omaha, NE
Well, I broke down and signed up for Dish. Install isn't for a couple of weeks due to they couldn't get out to me before my vacation. Oh well. I am getting an HD-DVR, and a regular DVR. They told me that this configuration will support 4 TVs total. I live in the Dallas area. Since I am getting HD Platnum package, will I have 2 dishes or just one? Will I be getting the 622 DVR as my HD Dvr?

Is there anything else I should be ready for, or to have the install guy do? I am having a phone outlet installed before the come for my theater room with the HD TV.

Thanks again for a great site!!!!

I think in the Dallas area all you will need is just the Dish 1000 since your HD Locals are on the 110..

Dallas
Available 5/10/06 ABC CBS NBC Fox 110°
6383 6384 6385 6386

Oh welcome aboard and Dish Rocks!

Yes as to the 622. There is only one current HD DVR that will receive the newer MPEG-4 headered HD channels and that's the 622, so that's the one you'll get.

Re: the install - the installer will run all the cables and get everything connected. He might be a bit reluctant to do a "complex" installation, so if you need to do wall fishes or you need to hide the cables or the like you might want to do them yourself ahead of time.

Also - the 622 does NOT come with any HD cables (wtf ??) so you might want to be prepared with an HDMI to HDMI (or DVI, whatever your TV needs) cable and/or a decent set of component cables ahead of time. Get them on line at a place like www.monoprice.com vs. spending a small fortune at a BB store. The installer might provide component cables at no charge, so ask him up-front before you volunteer yours, but you might also want to (prefer to?) use the HDMI connection and it is very unlikely the installer will give you one of those cables for free!

Make sure he takes enough time to be certain you're getting all your channels (all LNBs working correctly) and that he takes the time to show you around wrt the functions, remotes, etc. And if he does a good job for you, give him a nice tip!

You'll really like the 622 (I don't have any personal experience with the other DVRs) and like Poke sez - "Dish Rocks"...

Last edited:
We just had Dish Network installed in the Sonoran desert in Southern California on Monday. We got the HD Gold package. I am very highly impressed with the 622 receiver, The video quality of recorded HD programs far exceeds my expectations. The installer was competent, and put in a Dish 1000 which is picking up 3 satellites very well. It's far enough away from our FTA dish that they'll never affect each other.

I was very pleased with the excellent user manual provided with the receiver. Since I'm a technical writer I'm allowed to use the manual. It's well done. I was even able to program the Dish remote control to operate the volume on our stereo amplifier instead of the TV.

The signal quality on the stations I've tried is superb. I've not seen any JPEG artifacts at all.

The user interface on the 622 receiver is very well designed and easy to learn.

I haven't given Time Warner Cable the bad news yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm completely satisfied, and the installer got a nice tip and several bottles of water because it was F hot up on our roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)