What can we realistically expect from today’s meeting?

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
Without all the blather, what can be accomplished at todays meeting.

1. He has the dollars.

The board wont finalize anything, they will then sit down for negotiations.

2. He does not have the backing.

Dolan will then stall to get more time.

Todays meeting will tell us very little.

Tomorrows(March 1st) actions will be more insightful.

If Voom adds programing and announces a the DVR is in sight. Then and only then will I be satisfied that they are moving forward.

Kentstater72 said:
1. He has the dollars.
Thanks for the most negative approach to the situation. Will you be here tomorrow with an apology?
Kentstater72 said:
Prove that March 1st is "the" date for these improvements.

JL

justalurker said:
Thanks for the most negative approach to the situation. Will you be here tomorrow with an apology?Prove that March 1st is "the" date for these improvements.

JL

A very large Pot calling a tiny kettle black IMO.

Kentstater72 said:

1. He has the dollars.

If Voom adds programing and announces a the DVR is in sight. Then and only then will I be satisfied that they are moving forward.

I agree I dont expect to hear much today.

Kentstater72 said:

1. He has the dollars.

I agree, but " DVR " should be put on the back until, they become sovlent, don't you think that would be best for all " VOOMERS".

kelljc said:
I agree, but " DVR " should be put on the back until, they become sovlent, don't you think that would be best for all " VOOMERS".

I reluctantly agree.

As far a negative...
It boils down to actions speak louder than words.

Any real measurable advances to stay around will be based on delivering.

Kentstater72 said:
I reluctantly agree.

As far a negative...
It boils down to actions speak louder than words.

Any real measurable advances to stay around will be based on delivering.

Again I Agree but, "What has Voom not delivered ", over the other's, " they have more "HDTV, hands down", or do we want the best "HDTV" service to go down and pay the rest for less.??

I do not think Cablevision will provide any extensions. There will be a decision today one way or another. Whether we hear the decision today is another story. Cablevision will not continue to fund the company for any more time. They have absorbed enough losses. The stock is up $1 today and if they announce that they are going to keep funding VOOM even for another week or two it will cause the stock to nosedive tommorrow. I think he will either buy it today or they will pull the plug.

Lucky said:
I do not think Cablevision will provide any extensions. There will be a decision today one way or another. Whether we hear the decision today is another story. Cablevision will not continue to fund the company for any more time. They have absorbed enough losses. The stock is up $1 today and if they announce that they are going to keep funding VOOM even for another week or two it will cause the stock to nosedive tommorrow. I think he will either buy it today or they will pull the plug.

I agree: but I thought we were talking about Voom: not Cablevision, they have sold the Satellite, @ 61.5 but what about "AMC" at 72 maybe someone has more insight on this issue they the Sub's, I'll keep " Voom" until the Fat lady Sings, as of 02.??-05 she has not sang her last song.

kelljc said:
I agree: but I thought we were talking about Voom: not Cablevision, they have sold the Satellite, @ 61.5 but what about "AMC" at 72 maybe someone has more insight on this issue they the Sub's, I'll keep " Voom" until the Fat lady Sings, as of 02.??-05 she has not sang her last song.

Right now Cablevision is still funding the VOOM other assets (other than Rainbow 1). I think they will not want to absorb any more losses. I think Charles Dolan either buys it today or they pull the plug. I really do not think you will see any extensions. Remember in their initial press release they said there is no assurances that the board will close the deal.

kelljc said:
"What has Voom not delivered ", over the other's, " they have more "HDTV, hands down", or do we want the best "HDTV" service to go down and pay the rest for less.??

You are right, and yet.

There is a tendency for all of us to accept what we have as given.
We value expectations.

Since perception is reality. I think Voom will have to meet most of those expectations at this point to retain a good number of present subs.

With a good Marketing strategy though new subs will perceive the value of what it available.

Kentstater72 said:
You are right, and yet.

We value expectations.

Since perception is reality. I think Voom will have to meet most of those expectations at this point to retain a good number of present subs.

With a good Marketing strategy though new subs will perceive the value of what it available.
I agreee, but? What else do the Sub's want from " Voom " only the "BEST" "HDTV" service they can GET":, don't you agree?.Oh I'm sorry I got carried away with all of the Misinformation , " WE HAVE ALL THAT" ,
don't you agree>

I heard that the meeting is not until this afternoon, so we might not here anything until tomorrow. Can anyone confirm that the meeting is this afternoon for sure?

Kentstater72 said:
You are right, and yet.

We value expectations.

I agee reality is realtiy and with good customer support " Voom " will win with out " DVR " ,"new "SD" Channels " , "Voom is a HDTV Service, why add "SD" for a Few, " Don't you Agree "

kelljc said:
I agee reality is realtiy and with good customer support " Voom " will win with out " DVR " ,"new "SD" Channels " , "Voom is a HDTV Service, why add "SD" for a Few, " Don't you Agree "

Good Customer Support and Great Marketing can only go so far. Even seeing is believing but there are couple of things missing.

1)No DVR - Will voom win w/o one? I think that they may have a chance.
2)Few SD - Only 26,000 subs were reported in Sept. 04. I do believe that the lack of SD has been a major setback. Remember the so-called "wife factor". Not all women want we and oxygen. They want their lifetime, and there are a lot of posts that have been made stating that they are not yet a voomer cause of it.
3)Bad Installs - It does seem that a lot of people just don't have what it takes to order, or there are those who never got programming cause the installer never came out. For those that were burned by bad installs, they just don't have enoough courage to try again, espically if they have a good chance of getting that installer again.

As for what will happen today:
If any press releases are announced today they will most likely be from the Dolan family, not CVC. In addition, the regular meeting is tomorrow so any press releases from CVC will more than likely come tomorrow. It will/would be nice to hear something today.

I really want the DVR very much!!! In fact I am patiently waiting for VOoms solution but my question to all you is "how have you been promised a DVR?
I never recieved anything from Voom stating it will be offered on xx//yy date! Have any of you? Yes it was on the website but if I recall only "coming soon" was the date...

We know much about what is going on because of these forums but other than us... the vast majority of potential consumers have no clue of what's going on with Voom/CVC or the Dolan's.

Yes I want a Voom HD DVR but I want Voom to continue to provide it's service first...!!!

"Since perception is reality. I think Voom will have to meet most of those expectations at this point to retain a good number of present subs."

This statement, and the ensuing argument, has been posted time and time again on various threads here.

1) We signed up for VOOM because of HD, and we did it without a DVR. Would we like a DVR?...Sure. Will everyone leave if they don't get one this month? No. They won't.
Where would we go? I'd love to see the service get better, more channels, DVR, etc...

There may be a few people who leave, but I just don't see a mass exodus, as long as they deliver what they've got in place now.

I've waffled on the DVR, because I have one with my cable system and really like it, so having one on my VOOM service would make it that much MORE watchable.

I just don't think that thousands are going to disappear this month if they don't get DVR news. A few, maybe...

Lob

More people who expect their Jello instant pudding in just 5 minutes. And agreement may come today or an extention Even if their is an agreement today, chances are the actual transfer would be at least 30 days away. It takes time to get all the details closed. Think about when you bought your house? You had a contract but did you move in the same day or the very next?

I bought a Betsmax

In the eighties I bought a betamax tape recorder because it delivered better quality.

VHS format sold themselves on value. The up to 8 hour tape sold those machines, not the PQ.

Now I defy anyone that remembers those days to tell me they used the 8 hour setting. They all used the 2 and 4, beta was 3.5 and 5hours.

In mass marketing it is the perception.

Voom has no one but themselves to blame for perception problems.

Customer Service (No dig at CSR's they need training and info)
Installation (Ditto)
Failure to deliver on promises.

They need to change the image and sell themselves as the NEW Voom.
The DVR is only one way to do this, and if that takes time, fine. But they better find a way to change the perception quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)