what causes this

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
I was watching a program I had recorded on my 622 and all of a sudden the screen goes black lights on front panel go off and it sound like its rebooting or something after a few minutes a window comes up and says acquiring satellite signal this will take a five minutes. After its done I then have a picture and it is working normally.

Bugs and/or overheating are the main causes. As long as you are keeping your 622 cool there's not much you can do about Dish's buggy software. If it persists then it could be a receiver issue.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

The past year or so, my 622 has taken to rebooting on signal loss, rather than just putting up the signal loss message. Not every time, but more often than not.

Lucky86, what's this about not using a surge protector? People used to say all the time that Dish recommended not using surge protectors, but nobody could ever offer an explanation of why, other than that it would interfere with homeplug communications, which of course has nothing to do with the normal operation of the receiver.

A good UPS/surge suppressor can help with many power issues. Step up to a line conditioner and better yet.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)