what channels are included in Smart Pak

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I just downgraded to Smart Pak and Heartland Package to save money due to looming lay off,(couldn afford the 111.00 bill each month)Anyway the dishnetwork channel site isnt listing the exact channels you get with package,in addition to what site says I am also getting ID,TVLand and some other channels not on the list.I checked free preview and the channels I am getting are on not free preview this month.I am not complaining about extra channels,just dont want to get used to having them and have them cut off.

garys said:
Dish renamed the Welcome pack to the Smart pack Aug 1.

No. Dish did not rename the Welcome Pack ($14.99/month; http://www.mydish.com/support/channels/packagewelcomepack.aspx).

Dish renamed Dish Family to the Smart Pack ($24.99/month). I believe that this is the minimum American package currently to add Blockbuster @ Home ($10/month; http://www.dish.com/entertainment/blockbuster/)

There are a few a la carte options that are possible to add as well like Encore Movie Package ($5/month; channels 341-347 and 377 now) or/and Outdoor Sports package ($3/month; WFN, Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel HD, and MAV TV HD).

Last edited:
Really seems to have been a bad move. I think "Family" brings to mind pretty much what they're providing with that package.

exactly. Smart pack to me at least would be a handful of basic cable channels like CNN, TBS, TNT, USA etc (mainly just the "original" cable type channels) + the usual religious/shopping/dish channels

Do you retain DVR functionality for the ATSC channels (for receivers with built in tuner) when going to this package?

Do you retain DVR functionality for the ATSC channels (for receivers with built in tuner) when going to this package?
I'm not sure what pak you are questioning but Welcome does still have the VCR charge so I assume any account with DVR retains both the charge and functionality.

I'm not sure what pak you are questioning but Welcome does still have the VCR charge so I assume any account with DVR retains both the charge and functionality.

Smart Pack, the subject of this thread.

Thanks. I figured as much, since it includes locals already and there's no technical reason I wouldn't continue to receive those channels. That said, Dish does odd things like that (not passing along digital subchannel data they already have comes to mind) so I didn't want to assume. Appreciate the response.

And if you sub to satellite delivered locals, they are still in HD. And you still get any free HD previews.

Does smartpack have any other HD channels or just locals?

and I just chatted with dish rep who told me locals do not come in HD with smart pack.

please confirm. thanks

Does smartpack have any other HD channels or just locals?

and I just chatted with dish rep who told me locals do not come in HD with smart pack.

please confirm. thanks

I believe locals are in HD if you have the equipment and if locals are available in your area or if you "move." You will probably get channels 102 and 5710 (depending on what arc you're on) in HD.

There are other ways to get HD like subbing to premiums or a la carte services like Heartland package, Epix Mini Pack, or/and BB@Home for those channels available in HD on Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)