What Channels Are Not Available With The Flex Pack?

tornado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Tulsa
I never subscribed to the Flex Pack before. I am currently subscribed, love it so far, but I do not see a way to add the Science Channel. Am I wrong? Is there a way to add the Science Channel to the Flex Pack? Are there any other channels that are unavailable with the Flex Pack?

I never subscribed to the Flex Pack before. I am currently subscribed, love it so far, but I do not see a way to add the Science Channel. Am I wrong? Is there a way to add the Science Channel to the Flex Pack? Are there any other channels that are unavailable with the Flex Pack?

Science Channel is not available in any packs. You need Top 200 in order to watch it.

Reactions: tornado
Science Channel is in Smart Pack. However, it is listed as no longer for sale. FMI: Request Rejected

I believe it is in free preview right now as I am catching it with the Welcome Pack.

I would suggest what we do if you have high speed Internet available in your area.. We have the Welcome Pack (used to have AT250 and then Dos w/ Encore) and Dish Movie Pack mainly for locals and some cable channels like Boomerang and others, and I have Philo for $20/month. FMI: Channel lineup

Reactions: pattykay
Your question stayed on my mind for the rest of the day. I think I have a better answer to the general question.
Here is a channel lineup card with the main America's Top packs and the Flex Pack: https://my.dish.com/cms-files/channelcards/2020/0106/ChannelLineupCard.pdf

Here is a channel lineup card with just Flex Pack channels if needed: https://my.dish.com/cms-files/channelcards/2020/0106/Flex.pdf

Although this is the PR channel list, I think it is easier to follow for the Dish Latino channels in relation to the America's Top packs: https://my.dish.com/cms-files/channelcards/2019/1021/PuertoRico-DishLATINO.pdf

Hope that answers the question better.

I have been on the Flex pack for years, my only complaint is you cannot add NBCSN. You can get it on Sling for only $25, I am considering leaving Dish because of this.

Looking at the main lineup card posted earlier, the channels with a black square next to them are included in the Flex Pack. Channels highlighted in blue are available in one of the add-on Channel Packs. So, any channels without the black square or blue highlighting are not available with Flex Pack. Some of the more popular ones that I see include:

BBC America
Bravo
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
MLB Network
MTV
Nat Geo Wild
NBA TV
NFL Network
Nickelodeon
Oxygen
Science Channel

Last edited:
Looking at the main lineup card poster earlier, the channels with a black square next to them are included in the Flex Pack. Channels highlighted in blue are available in one of the add-on Channel Packs. So, any channels without the black square or blue highlighting are not available with Flex Pack. Some of the more popular ones that I see include:

BBC America
Bravo
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
MLB Network
MTV
Nat Geo Wild
NBA TV
NFL Network
Nickelodeon
Oxygen
Science Channel
Unless something changed with the latest Fox dispute, I would get FS1 when I turned on the National Action Pack. Plus Bravo is in the Variety Pack.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fox wanted to remove the ala carte option as part of the dispute.

So, any channels without the black square or blue highlighting are not available with Flex Pack. Some of the more popular ones that I see include:

BBC America
Bravo
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
MLB Network
MTV
Nat Geo Wild
NBA TV
NFL Network
Nickelodeon
Oxygen
Science Channel

The top and bottom are why I'm still on an AT package.

Same here. I looked at the Flex Pack a few times and not enough of the basic channels I get with AT250. For the cost of Flex and the add on's, I would be paying close to what I am paying with AT250 and without a lot of channels. At least in my case, the Flex pack is not all that great. I still find the more channels in the pack, the better the deal, as when you starting picking what you want, like ale carte, price per channel goes up. Add to that having the shopping channels & religious channels in the pack, also keeps the prices down.

I have been on the Flex pack for years, my only complaint is you cannot add NBCSN. You can get it on Sling for only $25, I am considering leaving Dish because of this.
I have a Dish / Sling hybrid. Welcome Pack with Dish for locals, EHD, a few channels and discount Starz and Blue with Sling for NBCSN, $5 Willow, and a few other channels. Save $25 or so a month, maybe more with latest hikes.

Don’t do Flex cause no NBCSN.

Looking at the main lineup card posted earlier, the channels with a black square next to them are included in the Flex Pack. Channels highlighted in blue are available in one of the add-on Channel Packs. So, any channels without the black square or blue highlighting are not available with Flex Pack. Some of the more popular ones that I see include:

BBC America
Bravo
ESPNews
ESPNU
FS1
MLB Network
MTV
Nat Geo Wild
NBA TV
NFL Network
Nickelodeon
Oxygen
Science Channel

Seems like there's never a package short of everything pack that has every channel you want..
IMG_20200122_044610965.jpg
I did some side by side comparison of Flex Pack and Orby TV and for my needs it's odviously a better deal to use Orby..I have Dish RV account and Orby..I can start and stop either one when needed.Yes I had to pay for the Orby equipment $250 (2 complete systems,1 extra receiver) but there's no monthly fees.$50 tax included for what I wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_045555833.jpg
    IMG_20200122_045555833.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 790
Also, Channel 9605 shows the channels available in Flex Pack, and channel 9606 shows the Channel Packs available. The Dish site also has information here: Request Rejected
Your question stayed on my mind for the rest of the day. I think I have a better answer to the general question.
Here is a channel lineup card with the main America's Top packs and the Flex Pack: Request Rejected

Here is a channel lineup card with just Flex Pack channels if needed: Request Rejected

Although this is the PR channel list, I think it is easier to follow for the Dish Latino channels in relation to the America's Top packs: Request Rejected

Hope that answers the question better.
Comparing channel 9606 to the various channel lineup cards and the Dish site, there are some discrepancies as far as what is considered to be a Channel Pack.

Channel 9606 does not list the Stars and Stripes Pack at all.

The Flex Pack page on the Dish website linked above puts Latino Bonus Pack under Premiums and Add-On Channels, rather than listing it as a Channel Pack. The channel lineup cards and channel 9606 do show Latino Bonus Pack as being a Channel Pack, though. This is an important distinction because the general rule with Channel Packs is that you can add and remove them as often as you want without any Programming Change Fees or penalties of any kind. Other programming packages do charge a $5 fee if you drop them less than a month after adding them. For someone who adds and removes Channel Packs as frequently as I do, this can be an important and useful piece of information to know. (I subscribe to International Basic, so only a very few Channel Packs are available with my package, compared to how many are available with Flex Pack. I have not tried adding and removing Latino Bonus Pack yet, but I plan to add it in the spring when the new season of Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom begins on Disney XD.)

Comparing channel 9606 to the various channel lineup cards and the Dish site, there are some discrepancies as far as what is considered to be a Channel Pack.

Channel 9606 does not list the Stars and Stripes Pack at all.

The Flex Pack page on the Dish website linked above puts Latino Bonus Pack under Premiums and Add-On Channels, rather than listing it as a Channel Pack. The channel lineup cards and channel 9606 do show Latino Bonus Pack as being a Channel Pack, though. This is an important distinction because the general rule with Channel Packs is that you can add and remove them as often as you want without any Programming Change Fees or penalties of any kind. Other programming packages do charge a $5 fee if you drop them less than a month after adding them. For someone who adds and removes Channel Packs as frequently as I do, this can be an important and useful piece of information to know. (I subscribe to International Basic, so only a very few Channel Packs are available with my package, compared to how many are available with Flex Pack. I have not tried adding and removing Latino Bonus Pack yet, but I plan to add it in the spring when the new season of Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom begins on Disney XD.)
Unless it has changed, the Latino Bonus Pack does not behave like the other Flex add-ons...they will charge you $5 if you remove it within 30 days of adding it. Maybe a Dish rep can clarify.

it's deceiving, since the webpage for making prrogramming changes iists the Latino Bonus with the other Flex add-ons.

1580333219478.png

Unless it has changed, the Latino Bonus Pack does not behave like the other Flex add-ons...they will charge you $5 if you remove it within 30 days of adding it. Maybe a Dish rep can clarify.

it's deceiving, since the webpage for making prrogramming changes iists the Latino Bonus with the other Flex add-ons.

View attachment 143063
That is what I thought. If I remember correctly, there were posts here from people saying the same thing about SiriusXM Pack, that there is a $5 fee if it is removed within 30 days.

To avoid the fee, my plan is to keep the Latino Bonus Pack until Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom concludes its season, and then drop it. At least I have this option. My old programming package (Welcome Pack) does not even have the option to add either the Latino Bonus Pack or Kids Pack to be able to get Disney XD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)