What channels do you want Voom to get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trm17118

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
San Antonio, TX
Switching from C-Band with 4DTV to Voom, I lost quite a few channels that I really liked, but really wanted more HD channels for my new HDTV.

From the Voom web site, I submitted a comment asking about channels and actually got a response from someone in Marketing. I thought that was pretty good. Looks like they want to hear from their subs.

Here's my own wish list of channels I'd like Voom to add to their lineup:

Food TV
Discovery Science
Discovery Wings
HD Net
HD Pay Per View (If it takes a second satellite, so be it)

Channels they could get rid of to make room for the bandwidth:

Moov
Auction
Channel 999

What are your choices?

I would like INHD 1 and 2...and on the SD side I would like them to add PBS-Kids(not for me), DIY(not for me), YES Network(without Directv I would have missed the last 2 yankee boston games..they were blacked out in NY on ESPN), Nick 2 (not for me). I would like all these ch's but I really dont feel that VOOM will statisfy all of my and my families interests. I would really just like VOOM to focus on more HD ....and forget about the SD ch's for now. INHD 1 and 2 would be a big addition since HDNET seems to be out of the loop for them. It is a stretch for me to pay for two providers but I feel like I have to without the above ch's. Imagine not being able to watch the Yankee Boston game at this point in the year?

Funny thing is, my TV viewing habits mainly include channels that are currently trying to be fazed out entirely; The "Super-stations" and distant networks for prime-time flexibility. Obviously I'm in the minority category, therefore I wouldn't mind if voom just provided my local pro-sports in HD as well as they do Floridians.

Given the HDnets will never happen:

An Epics channel with real epics (had to say that)
A SciFi/Fantasy Theme Channel - Leave Monsters to conquer the Horror Market, there's room for both
War/Adventure Theme Channel - There is a pseudo action channel with Gunsling, but I only see beach blanket movies on it lately - what gives?

ESPN HD2
Pseudo-SciFiHD + USA HD + whatever it becomes
NESN
InHD 1 & 2 (low priority, watch it once every 2 months)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)