What Cities Will Be In Hd Next?

pdxsam said:
3! Two HD off the sat and one OTA.

Sam

Ok, so I've been thinking about this. I know I can record two HD channels at once, but how do I get three? I get good reception on my OTA Hd channels by the way.

gbjbany said:
You need a dual tuner receiver first. 2 tuners for sat and 1 for ota = 3

Sorry, I didn't tell you what equipment I had. I have the 622. I can record two HD off sat, but then how do I set it up to do the third OTA recording?

do you have an OTA antenna also ? Do you subscribe to locals ?

The first is a must have. the second makes the process easier but is not mandatory.

Basically with these when you set up a timer for a channel that comes through the ota antenna then you will have your 3rd source.

i dont have ota but im sure someone can let you have all the steps neccessary given you can answer the second question.

I Can't Believe Cleveland HD is not on that list, cause its number 16 Overall ,, this just sucks!

BFG said:
Ok Here are the markets being added in Q2

Which is probably late April after they get E10 working and do all the SD local moves.

Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Miami, FL
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
Sacramento, CA
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
Spokane, WA

I'm guessing 6 markets will be added late april early may, and the other 5 in june. The list is alpha order, the ordered add may not be so, they may or may not get added all at once

Is it certain that Seattle will be off the 110? The Pacific NW has been having trouble with the 129. This would be good news for us out here. I can actually get the 61.5 with much greater consistency so I might scrap the 129 altogether if I don't need it for local HD.

The next dma is going to be burlington vt simply because every csr between here and Denver is so sick of hearing me and the other 2 vermont HD subs bitch.:D

sk8man said:
Sorry, I didn't tell you what equipment I had. I have the 622. I can record two HD off sat, but then how do I set it up to do the third OTA recording?

Go into your guide and choose two HD off the HD pack.

Then move the guide to one of your OTA HD locals... and choose that one.

You'll see that it adds to the schedule with a 1. While you might think this is a conflict it's not. DIsh uses the 1 designator for Satellite tuner 1 and also for the OTA tuner.

Now you have 3 recording shows at the same time.

Sam

BFG, Since they are clearing off SD LILs from 61.5 why are there no Eastern cities coming up in April except for Miami? I have heard that 61.5 will cover most Eastern Cities.

pdxsam said:
Go into your guide and choose two HD off the HD pack.

Then move the guide to one of your OTA HD locals... and choose that one.

You'll see that it adds to the schedule with a 1. While you might think this is a conflict it's not. DIsh uses the 1 designator for Satellite tuner 1 and also for the OTA tuner.

Now you have 3 recording shows at the same time.

Sam

Thanks I have it figured out now. This is so much better than my Tivos. The picture quality is better as well. Of course being able to record HD doesn't hurt either.

Two San Francisco locals, FOX and ABC are now showing at 9808 and 9811 in SD. I wonder if this is a harbinger of the HD locals going there? Both are from 119.
It would be nice if this were true and eliminate the need for another/different dish in the SF bay area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)