What college football teams do you hate the most?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
As college football fans,

there are teams we love, and there are also those that we hate.

Who are the college gridiron teams you HATE the most and why?

I know most of you will probably say Notre Dame, but there are probably others.

The team I never liked was Florida State.

Nothing againt Bowden, their dominance, and their ability to produce NFL-caliber talent.

The only reason I didn't like them was what I consider incredibly fortunate luck over the years.

Let me explain:

1993- They lost their big game with Notre Dame. After the Irish were upset by Boston College, that should have opened the door for a clash between undefeated teams in Nebraska and West Virginia for the title. Instead, the voters went with Florida State because they so badly wanted Bowden to win his first title. It seemed like sympathy, IMO.

1998- Remember last year how LSU backed into the title game with higher-ranked teams losing on the last day of the season? Same thing happened to the Seminoles a decade earlier (replace Missouri and West Virginia with Kansas State and UCLA), and they proceeded to NOT take advantage of their extremely good fortune.

2002- A four-loss team got into a BCS game ahead of two-loss NC State, two-loss Notre Dame, and two-loss Kansas State, then proceeded to get their butts kicked by Georgia.

2005- Four-loss FSU was VERY fortunate the ACC had a title game and got a lucky win against VaTech. As a result, they got into the BCS ahead of one-loss Oregon. Also, had VaTech won and gone to face Penn State in the Orange Bowl, Marcus Vick doesn't step on a player and things change for him.

I'm with you on Florida St. BB runs a dirty program and gives that "aw shucks" routine any time anyone questions him about it.

I also hate South Carolina. Partly because of Spurrier who is one of the biggest pricks in sports, but also because they have one of THE most delusional fan bases in the country. They have a losing record for all time, yet their fans believe that they are always on the cusp of greatness. The fact that Lou Holtz failed miseralby there yet says on ESPN that they are going to win the SEC is crazy. But that is how EVERY one of their fans think.

I used to hate Nebraska back in the day for the way they ran up the score on everybody and did it with thugs like Lawrence Phillips.

Last edited:
Any team that the "Old Ball Coach" is coaching. I really hated it when he was the Redskins coach.

"That evil school down South". No other team comes close. The rivalry is well documented.:D

Nothing personal, Jimbo and Matt. It's not your fault you were born in the wrong state.

GO BLUE!!!

the University of Texas or UT

why because i am a cornhusker fan(win or lose) in longhorn country, actually never liked UT to begin with

Same acronym, and essentially for the same reason...but for me the evil team is the University of Tennessee. Originally from South Carolina, but lived in Louisville, KY as a kid during my formative sports years and grew into a big UK fan...Basketball moreso that Football, obviously. Then FF a few years and end up having to live in the heart of "Big Orange" land for nearly a decade. You want obnoxious fans...try living anywhere within a 200 mi radius of Vol country during the Heath Shuler, and of course, the "Peyton Manning is God" eras. Everywhere you look...everywhere you go...bright orange (OH GOD...THE FLASHBACKS!!! :shocked)

But I digress.

In totally unrelated news...I have greater respect for UCLA football than I ever recall having before this past weekend! :p

Florida State. - Bowden

Miami - Ray Lewis

Ohio State and Michigan- For thinking their early season rivalry means anything outside of those 2 states.

WOW....where do I begin...?!:p I HATE Notre Dame....but it sucks when they suck. NO FUN beating Notre Dame when they are 3-9.....but when they are within the BCS and you stab their hearts.....ah...priceless!!

I truly hate Ohio State because they were "given" that National Championship against Miami(yeah...yeah, it was pass interference....:rolleyes:) and since then, they have become the "old Notre Dame"....they have never done nothing wrong and 'your just jealous'.....USC is almost the same as Ohio State, in the comparison that according to their fan base, they are the 'innocent darlings' compared to any other program....yeah....right....:rolleyes:

ANY TEAM coached by EITHER Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier....they proved three things, they are GREAT college coaches, they SUCK as NFL coaches and they are the BIGGEST pricks of all coaches.....

I've had the unique opportunity of sitting right beside opposing fans in Neyland Stadium for several years. So while I don't necessarily hate teams, I do hate fans of teams. I know you can get a couple of bad apples, but after several years of comparisons, here are the worst.

1. Georgia - far and away the most annoying and rude fans I've ever encountered. My favorite was a fan that yelled in my face that he had to walk to the other end of the aisle to get to the bathroom (as if I had designed the stadium). That and the fans who try to hide the fact they are smoking in a non-smoking stadium.

2. Kentucky - sorry ramy, I don't know if it's just the losing streak or what, but Kentucky fans always seem to chap my hide. The last Kentucky game at Neyland, there was an injured Tennessee player on the field after a Kentucky first down. The Kentucky fans beside us wouldn't stop cheering and when we pointed out there was an injured player, the response was, "we don't give a sh*t".

3. Notre Dame - not rude or classless, and I've often heard from other Tennessee fans that going up to South Bend is one of the great college football experiences, but I've never heard fans down on their team more than ND fans (and this was when they were good). They might as well have been wearing shirts that said "we suck".

For what it's worth, I've always had good experiences with Florida and Alabama fans.

And DWS44, I would probably hate Tennessee, too if I weren't a fan. I don't even listen to local sports talk anymore because of all the yahoos.

2. Kentucky - sorry ramy, I don't know if it's just the losing streak or what, but Kentucky fans always seem to chap my hide. The last Kentucky game at Neyland, there was an injured Tennessee player on the field after a Kentucky first down. The Kentucky fans beside us wouldn't stop cheering and when we pointed out there was an injured player, the response was, "we don't give a sh*t".

I think you need a vacation. ;):D

Everybody has their reasons, but I can guarentee that most KY fans are not like that at all.

I think you need a vacation. ;):D

Everybody has their reasons, but I can guarentee that most KY fans are not like that at all.
I believe you, they just don't happen to sit beside me at games. :)

PS. Will I get back on your good side if I mentioned I was a Reds fan growing up and my favorite player was Johnny Bench?

I believe you, they just don't happen to sit beside me at games. :)

PS. Will I get back on your good side if I mentioned I was a Reds fan growing up and my favorite player was Johnny Bench?

That works for me. :D

... The Kentucky fans beside us wouldn't stop cheering and when we pointed out there was an injured player, the response was, "we don't give a sh*t".....

I sat next to those guys at the UK/LSU game last year. After the game all of their hillbilly relatives kept running up to me and flipping me off on my way to the car. It was obvious they weren't used to winning. :D

... I don't even listen to local sports talk anymore because of all the yahoos.

I'm the same way with fellow LSU fans.

As for teams I hate, there isn't any particular one, just the one that's usually winning the most (other than my own of course). These days it's probably tOSU (sorry guys) and USC. When these teams are down for a while however, I start pulling for them again (at times). I do hate Nick Saban and Alabama now. :)

DON'T HATE - stop playing non-conf supposed patsies and JUST WIN the "big games" and then there will be no arguing; we have been robbed as many or maybe more than those above me crying about how things were "stolen from them or given to USC".. PU-LEASE!

usc.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts