What could this mean in regard to my owned H3...

I don't see this making much difference to very many people. I just check Solid Signals price and it would cost me about $450 to buy a hopper 3 and 2 joeys. I would go from paying $29 a month to $15 a month. It would take me 33 months to break even buying the equipment.
There's a lot of businesses that would love to see a less than 3 year ROI... :)

If that is the case, then Dish would not be required to change the fees that apply to purchased equipment now. It looks like going forward, they will be calling the new fees "service fees." That does not change the fact that a lease fee was bundled into the core package for everyone all along. Check the fine print on page 2 of the Dish bill:
"An equipment rental fee of $9 per month for the first receiver may be included in your base package price. This rental fee may be subject to tax in your State."

You may be able to claim that this statement is ambiguous, since it says "may be included..."
It does not change the fact that those of us with purchased receivers are still being charged some kind of fee, since we do not get a price break on our base package by avoiding that "rental fee." (There may be a savings on the sales tax in some states, as others have pointed out before.) The alternative (if no such fee is being charged to those of us with purchased equipment) is that Dish is actively discriminating against those of us with purchased equipment, by charging us more for our actual programming package. Meanwhile, those who lease their receivers get charged a rental fee (as would be expected) but get that offset by a price break on their programming package, since it is bundled together for the same price that we pay for the programming without any rental fee.
Over the years packages and fees constantly changed...i signed up with some kind if deal with 4 receivers and the protection plan for at150 ( included encore and tmc west) for about $50 a month...then added 2 packages of locals for another $10... locals + la distants..around 2001....before hd

Over the years packages and fees constantly changed...
Yes, I remember the last time Dish offered Locals Only, when it was only $9.99 per month. Even then though, they had that same fine print note about a $9 fee for the first receiver being included in the base package price. So, the bulk of my bill was just that receiver fee, and I was only paying $0.99 per month for the locals.

Just look on the Solid Signal website. Took about 15 seconds to google them and look for myself. Might be able to pick one up cheaper on eBay.
"15 seconds could get you a new upside-down Hopper 3."
- Solid Signal's new advertising slogan. :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
"15 seconds could get you a new upside-down Hopper 3."
- Solid Signal's new advertising slogan. :biggrin
Your link looks right-side up to me…
50C6FD8C-ECB1-4F01-8B5C-0A012E5C3C7A.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts