What did Charlie Say?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had UVERSE and the SD quality was better then Dish, however the HD looked much worse. (And you can only watch HD on 1 TV in your house at a time)

I do wish we had FIOS here, I think I would love it. (Although when I played with it in Las Vegas I did not care for the DVR much, the Dish equipment was much better)

I do wish we had FIOS here, I think I would love it. (Although when I played with it in Las Vegas I did not care for the DVR much, the Dish equipment was much better)

You got that right! The DVR sucks, big time. As does the remote!
PQ was great, but Dish's equipment blows FIOS away! I cancelled FIOS , and resumed service with Dish.

Tom in TX

I'm very temped. Do they have a decent HD-DVR?

Read posts #21, and #22!

If you want a detailed description of the problems with their DVR, try a search on this site, or dbstalk. I know that there was some user comments a few months ago. Can't remember exactly where, though.

Tom

for those of us who didn't get the audio to work, could we get a transcription or synopsis of what 'charlie said'? or do we already essentially have it- 2 launches this year, to the same slot, to totally 're-launch' DiSH service in 100% mp4 from a single slot dish....? and that's it; no mention of orbital location?

which of course would be the most crucial piece of info....perhaps this is simply a calculated selective release of info simply because sat launches require some upfront explanation for why they are taking place.....?

You got that right! The DVR sucks, big time. As does the remote!
PQ was great, but Dish's equipment blows FIOS away! I cancelled FIOS , and resumed service with Dish.

Tom in TX
Thanks. I didn't think they were ready for prime time. But, Dish better pay attention. I'm shelling out close to $100 a month, and what's my return? I ask that every time I make a payment. :rolleyes:

Verizon would be wise to cut their ties to the Motorola STBs at this time and look at other other hardware/software options while FiOS TV subscriber numbers are still low. In any case, they need a HD DVR that is comparable to the Dish 622 and Tivo Series 3.

Verizon would be wise to cut their ties to the Motorola STBs at this time and look at other other hardware/software options while FiOS TV subscriber numbers are still low. In any case, they need a HD DVR that is comparable to the Dish 622 and Tivo Series 3.

Motorola DVR's are the number 1 reason I am with DISH instead of Comcast. I have not even had mentionable problems with the 622 versus the Motorola 3412/16. Black screen - go Options 6-1-1 check switch solves mine. It is too bad that FIOS uses Motorola unresponsive & rebooting DVR's. FIOS (and DISH) also need Extra Innings (a side issue).
DISH :D :hungry: VOOM VOOM VOOM

Motorola :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts