what dish do i need

mjneppl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
wisconsin
i am lookin at buyin a dish on ebay. what model dish do i need? i want to get the 47.99 package and heard i need dish 500- i am not going HD till next year. - and would like to keep costs down when i go hd next year.

mike

If you are a new subscriber to E* (Dish Network), you will not have to buy anything. E* will install the proper dish for the subscription package that you have selected for free.

To add to the question...

If they are going HD are the only two new customer HD options a 1000.2 or 1000.4 or are there areas, say in california, that would require anything different?

The 1000.2 is for western arc markets and the 1000.4 is for eastern arc markets. Depending on the satellite where your locals are placed it is possible that an additional wing satellite may be required. Some HD subs use 2 Dish 500s. Some have one pointed at 110/119 and a second at 61.5 or 129. Latino programming customers usually use a 1000+ antenna.

that is what the tech i guy said-- i need a dish 500- with thin lbb thing-- because when i go to high def-- i will need another dish and having the twin we make it easier install.

how much are the dish 500 on ebay--fair price?

that is what the tech i guy said-- i need a dish 500- with thin lbb thing-- because when i go to high def-- i will need another dish and having the twin we make it easier install.

how much are the dish 500 on ebay--fair price?
D500 is available from the DishStore. Please support our sponsors.:D

I had to install a Dish1000+ to get my locals in HD as they come off of the 118.7 sat. Otherwise I would need a dish pointed at the 61.5 sat to get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts