What dish do i need?

CoreyC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Hendersonville, NC
After seeing the "free HD for Life" commercial for the 5th time I finally figured out that I wasn't getting the epix channels, even though I am paying for Platinum HD.

I only had Platinum HD because it was free, don't really watch the channels enough to pay for it. Epix sounds like it makes the package worth the price though...

SO I called dish network. They told me I would need a new dish installed. I just had my HD dish installed a year ago, it already needs an upgrade.

I can pay $95 for the installation, or I can pay $6.95 + $15 + $25 ($46.95) if I sign up for the protection plan, let them install the dish, and then cancel the protection plan. Being a little annoyed, I just canceled the platinum HD package altogether.

I think the dish I have is 61.5. The dish I need is 70-something... is there a bigger dish that I can replace the 61.5 with that will get both signals? Should I just save myself a headache and pay the $47 to get it professionally installed?

Pretty sure location need the 1000.4 for EA. Most likely your locals are on either 61.5 or 77. EPIX is one of the best channels (also Epix 2). Unless you have worked with dishes a good bit the 1000.4 is one of harder ones to peak correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)