This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What dish would we get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well its done

guy came today and started out all whiny because it was snowing. Not hard but we had snow. He mentioned a few times "I dont like to work in the snow" (yet he said he had been a tech for 3 1/2 years) and "I should have rescheduled it"
He asked me what was to be done and I told him EVERYTHING that had to be done. I even offered to help and after talking with him he figured I knew what I was talking about. He even thanked me for helping him get the receivers set up and such

It was about 3 hours start to finish and that was installing the dish, running the 2 cables down the house to the grounding block then multiswitch and running 3 cables to the rooms. 1 was already there.

Had a minor issue with one receiver not getting evens but that was due to a bad connection he put on but that was a quick fix. But otherwise he did the install real well. As good as I would

so now my sister is a new member of the D* Family

Glad to see all went well

Have you brought your sister to the forum and Welcomed her yet ?

Glad to see all went well
I think it went well because I was there. If my sister was there she'd either still be waiting for him to finish the job or it would have been pushed back
Have you brought your sister to the forum and Welcomed her yet ?

she wont come here....if she has questions she'll ask me. And if I dont know I'll ask the "pros"

I did learn something new today...how to force an update on a receiver

before he activated with D*

we powered up receiver and after verified the sat we rebooted and did the 02468 to get the new software. He made sure that all receivers were to the "call D* to activate" screen before he called it in.

yah.. its a good idea to do this before activation. ive done it before activiation and ive done it where i wait to do it after activiation.. i found it to be easier to do it before bc it will screw up the reciever if you dont.

How long you been here ?
Thats the same thing we do with the CE software ....

I'm sure you knew how to do that already !

How long you been here ?
6+ years
Thats the same thing we do with the CE software ....

I'm sure you knew how to do that already !
I dont have D*...actually havent had it since they bought Primestar years ago. We were in a Pegasuck area

So I dont go in the CE area unless I get a reported post that a thread needs to be moved out of there

6+ years

I dont have D*...actually havent had it since they bought Primestar years ago. We were in a Pegasuck area

So I dont go in the CE area unless I get a reported post that a thread needs to be moved out of there

Sorry, Didn't know that ....

But we keep him around anyway, he's pretty knowledgable on the free stuff up in the air

Not a bad guy either from what I've heard, unless you're a thief.

if you have a phase 3 dish, its usually got 4 outs on it. no multiswitch needed! grab the skew & elevation from dishpointer before putting it on the mast and it aims unbelievably quick!

i personally have 2 old rca drd's hooked to a non-swm au9 and they work great, so long as theyre setup for 18" round dish. dont really get any channels that come off 110 & 119 that i would watch anyways.

EDIT: lol... reading the boards on my cell. didnt see pages 2-4. glad u got it going.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.