What dish would we get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well its done :)

guy came today and started out all whiny because it was snowing. Not hard but we had snow. He mentioned a few times "I dont like to work in the snow" (yet he said he had been a tech for 3 1/2 years) and "I should have rescheduled it"
He asked me what was to be done and I told him EVERYTHING that had to be done. I even offered to help and after talking with him he figured I knew what I was talking about. He even thanked me for helping him get the receivers set up and such :)

It was about 3 hours start to finish and that was installing the dish, running the 2 cables down the house to the grounding block then multiswitch and running 3 cables to the rooms. 1 was already there.

Had a minor issue with one receiver not getting evens but that was due to a bad connection he put on but that was a quick fix. But otherwise he did the install real well. As good as I would ;)

so now my sister is a new member of the D* Family :)

well its done :)

guy came today and started out all whiny because it was snowing. Not hard but we had snow. He mentioned a few times "I dont like to work in the snow" (yet he said he had been a tech for 3 1/2 years) and "I should have rescheduled it"
He asked me what was to be done and I told him EVERYTHING that had to be done. I even offered to help and after talking with him he figured I knew what I was talking about. He even thanked me for helping him get the receivers set up and such :)

It was about 3 hours start to finish and that was installing the dish, running the 2 cables down the house to the grounding block then multiswitch and running 3 cables to the rooms. 1 was already there.

Had a minor issue with one receiver not getting evens but that was due to a bad connection he put on but that was a quick fix. But otherwise he did the install real well. As good as I would ;)

so now my sister is a new member of the D* Family :)

Glad to see all went well :)

Have you brought your sister to the forum and Welcomed her yet ?

Glad to see all went well :)
I think it went well because I was there. If my sister was there she'd either still be waiting for him to finish the job or it would have been pushed back ;)
Have you brought your sister to the forum and Welcomed her yet ?

she wont come here....if she has questions she'll ask me. And if I dont know I'll ask the "pros"

I did learn something new today...how to force an update on a receiver :)

before he activated with D*

we powered up receiver and after verified the sat we rebooted and did the 02468 to get the new software. He made sure that all receivers were to the "call D* to activate" screen before he called it in.

yah.. its a good idea to do this before activation. ive done it before activiation and ive done it where i wait to do it after activiation.. i found it to be easier to do it before bc it will screw up the reciever if you dont.

I think it went well because I was there. If my sister was there she'd either still be waiting for him to finish the job or it would have been pushed back ;)

she wont come here....if she has questions she'll ask me. And if I dont know I'll ask the "pros"

I did learn something new today...how to force an update on a receiver :)

How long you been here ?
Thats the same thing we do with the CE software ....

I'm sure you knew how to do that already !

How long you been here ?
6+ years :p
Thats the same thing we do with the CE software ....

I'm sure you knew how to do that already !
I dont have D*...actually havent had it since they bought Primestar years ago. We were in a Pegasuck area ;)

So I dont go in the CE area unless I get a reported post that a thread needs to be moved out of there :)

6+ years :p

I dont have D*...actually havent had it since they bought Primestar years ago. We were in a Pegasuck area ;)

So I dont go in the CE area unless I get a reported post that a thread needs to be moved out of there :)

Sorry, Didn't know that ....

But we keep him around anyway, he's pretty knowledgable on the free stuff up in the air ;)

Not a bad guy either from what I've heard, unless you're a thief.

if you have a phase 3 dish, its usually got 4 outs on it. no multiswitch needed! grab the skew & elevation from dishpointer before putting it on the mast and it aims unbelievably quick!

i personally have 2 old rca drd's hooked to a non-swm au9 and they work great, so long as theyre setup for 18" round dish. dont really get any channels that come off 110 & 119 that i would watch anyways.

EDIT: lol... reading the boards on my cell. didnt see pages 2-4. glad u got it going.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts