What Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well you don't have to really ask for anything, you will be installed with the right stuff when you order for where you live.

And it isn't the Dish that is MPEG4 compatible per se. It is the receiver. That being said, if you want all of the HD channels you would need a satellite that points at either 61.5 or 129 (in addition to the 110/119 locations). Right now the available MPEG4 receivers are the 411/VIP211 (single tuner standard receivers) and the VIP622 (dual tuner DVR receiver). Lots of info here on both.

lakebum431 said:
And it isn't the Dish that is MPEG4 compatible per se. It is the receiver. That being said, if you want all of the HD channels you would need a satellite that points at either 61.5 or 129 (in addition to the 110/119 locations). Right now the available MPEG4 receivers are the 411/VIP211 (single tuner standard receivers) and the VIP622 (dual tuner DVR receiver). Lots of info here on both.

Is there a single dish that points at both 61.5 and 129 or will I need two dishes to get the VOOM channels. I am signing up for the HD Gold package with a VIP622. I will add two more VIP622's after I purchase them.

~Josh

You won't need both 61.5 and 129. All the national HDs are mirrored on both. You will just want access to the one that has (or will have) your HD locals. IF it is 129 you just need 1 Dish (the Dish 1000). If it is 61.5 you will need a Dish 500 for 110 and 119. and a separate dish for 61.5.

lakebum431 said:
You won't need both 61.5 and 129. All the national HDs are mirrored on both. You will just want access to the one that has (or will have) your HD locals. IF it is 129 you just need 1 Dish (the Dish 1000). If it is 61.5 you will need a Dish 500 for 110 and 119. and a separate dish for 61.5.

How can I tell which satellite has my city's (Colorado Springs) HD locals?

~Josh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts