What do I need to know about canceling E*?

Airblair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm a longtime E* sub who has to switch to Comcast because of financial difficulties. (How longtime? I have a 921 in a box in the garage. I paid cash for it at Costco.)

What should I know about canceling? How far out in advance do I need to do it? What fees do I have to look out for? How else will they rip me off?

I have a 622 and a 211 and I'm pretty sure I'm out of any contract.

Any advice is appreciated.

(Please note: I have to switch b/c it saves us money. I'm not interested in comparing E* to Comcast; I was frankly pretty satisfied with E* but I have certain realities to deal with, now that I'm unemployed again.)

I think you can just call them and cancel anytime if you're out of contract. Who knows, maybe they'll give you a special offer just so you could stay with them.

Press "1" for american, Press any other number to be disconnected until you learn american.

Where does one find more about this "american" language? I learned the English language when I was going to school and I had not heard about "american". I have heard recordings say "press 1 for English" but never heard one say "press 1 for american".

Where does one find more about this "american" language? I learned the English language when I was going to school and I had not heard about "american". I have heard recordings say "press 1 for English" but never heard one say "press 1 for american".

When I lived in Germany and Austria in the 80s, english meant British english/literature. U.S. english and literature was referred to as Americanistiks. Kids chose one track or the other at that time.

Well, Airblair, I certainly understand financial difficulties. As others have mentioned, if its a matter of saving money, my team and I may be able to help. Its a daily thing for us. You can PM us a phone number or account number and we can see what we can do to "compete" with Comcast on price (hey, if you enjoy the service, why not stick with it).

With regard to canceling, PMing us the phone number or account number will allow us to provide you with detailed information specific to your account. We can disclose any fees for returning equipment and final balance information. We hate to see you go, but we understand that some things cannot be avoided, and we wish to provide the best service even if you are leaving.

Let us know and we will be more the happy to assist you either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)