What do I need

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
I was looking at buying a largerd dish for 129, probably a 3 or 4 foot one from Sadoun.

Currently have a 1000.2 and one DVR and 211. Would be looking at using the 1000.2 for 110, 119 and the larger dish for 129.

Can I use the FORTEC STAR FC120CM
What would I need for it for using a dish pro LNB. And what about a switch.

Thanks Guys

The 1000.2 dish is already capable of seeing 129 without adding an additional dish, as long as you have clear line of sight. You would not need a switch for your configuration if you were to add a wing dish. All you have to do is run 1 coax line from the Dish pro LNB to the "LNB" input on the 1000.2 lnb (Port on the far right when looking at the ports, should be labeled.) and you should be set. Be sure to run a check switch after installing.

I do get 129 but want a stronger signal, does the dish pro attach to the Fortec or do I need an adapter.

I do get 129 but want a stronger signal, does the dish pro attach to the Fortec or do I need an adapter.
A regular Dish 500 will get 129 just fine. BTW, what is your 129 strength? Keep in mind it will never be quite as robust as 110/119

The new satellite at 129 is as strong or stronger than the ones at 110 and 119.

A wing dish should not be necessary for a D1000.2 that is properly aligned.

nmfiredawg may be having spotbeam coverage issues with 129. In order to get better signal strengths for my LiL HDs in the mountains of Colorado, I had to add a 30" wing dish pointed at 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)