What do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mb1058

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Campbell, Ca
Here's my present configuration:
1. Receivers - 2 x 811 (1 lease, 1 own), 2 - 301 (both owned)
2. Dish - Dish Pro 500 with Dish Pro Quad LNBF getting 119 and110
3. Programming - AEP with HD package and locals
4. Monthly cost - 114.98

I am in the San Francisco Bay area

Here is my desired configuration:
1. Receivers - 1 x VIP622 (lease), 1 - VIP211 (own), 1 x 811 (own), 1 x 301 (own)
2. Dish 1000 with 110, 119, 129
3. Platinum package with locals
4. Monthly cost - I think 119.99

Questions:
1. Is there a Dish 1000 with built in switches so that I can run the final configuration without the use of external switches?
2. What will they swap out when I upgrade the dish 500 to the dish 1000 if I want to end up with the desired configuration? I want to tell the CSR exactly what I want so that I get what I need even though I won't get all the receivers right away.
3. What if I want a second VIP622 (owned) instead of a VIP211 in the final configuration? Does that change the hardware configuration?
4. It seems I will get all of the additional HD channels for $5. Does that seem right?

Thanks in advance. This site has been very helpful in reviewing what I want before I need to get it done.

If you use all 622,811,211, and the 301 thats 5 tuners, the 622 will use the dpp seperator. You will need a DPP44 switch along with the Dish1000. They are supposed to give you everything that you need when they come. I would call dish network and get the number of the rsp/company that is doing the install and give them a call to make sure they have everything you need. If you upgrade to another 622 instead of the Vip211 you will still have everything you need except they will need one more dpp seperator in the mix.

no problem. They will be glad to give the number to the company who does the install. Any time you have a appointment lined up with them that is going to involve alot of parts that are not usually involved in most installs it is wise to call.

Next question,
I have decided to go with my final configuration as stated above. My setup is such that I have 4 coax cables coming from my satellite dish to a distribution box in a closet then each is connected to a cable going to a different room with a receiver. Each room has 2 coax cables (all RG6) going to the distribution box. My questions:
1. I do not want to run any additional cabling as the house is insulated well both under the subfloor and walls (compressed blown in insulation). If I installed the VIP622 or VIP222, could I take the TV2 signal back out the 2nd coax cable next to the VIP622 to the distribution box and then back to the tv that runs of the 301? This would allow me to remove the 301.
2. What would the picture quality look like compared to the S Video signal it currently has?
3. Are there other routing options other than keeping the 301? I have no problem with the 301 but if I can do it with fewer receiver and same quality then it would be cheaper. Thanks in advance.

MB1058

• A1. Yes - that's what diplexers are for.
  • A2. The TV2 modulators are quite good - you might not notice any difference. It also depends on the TV.

Okay here is my next question. As I said before I have a central location in my house for all of the video distribution. If you were the installer, would you rather connect 3 of the existing 4 lines from the the dish to the central box to the DPP44 then 1 line to each receiver or connect the DPP44 at the dish then connect to the existing 4 lines running to the central box to the receivers. The reason that I ask is that the installer can put the switch inside the house versus out in the elements. Any suggestions are appreciated. All wiring is existing.
By the way, got the VIP622 today and got it ready for activation on Friday (after the install). Everything booted up perfectly. So far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts