What do I REALLY need for On-Demand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GatosGal

Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Vancouver WA
I don't trust these phone people. They tried to sell me a package for $80 .. it was something we were supposed to get free during set-up, but we didn't know to ask for it. Our son talked to this woman and she finally admitted all we needed was a $15 Linksys thing with a short ethernet cable. I just downloaded a bunch of instructions that say it won't work. I don't know what or who to believe.

We have : Whole-home DVR. 2 HD tvs, 2 HD DVRs, all wirelessly linked. The TV is wirelessly connect to the interest via a USB plug-in. I get Amazon Prime streaming, YouTube, all sorts of stuff. So what do i really need to add this on-demand thing? DirecTV says it's free of charge, but I guess that's after they drain your pocketbook for $80. True? False?
:mad:

I don't have whole home dvr. All I did was plug in the Ethernet cable from the modem to the dvr. Vod, apps and you tube work.

For whole home dvr, you can't connect to the Ethernet on the receiver because you will lose whole home dvr. The Ethernet cable from the modem will have to connect to a deca module that is on the sat cable.

Last edited:
yeah if you dont have MRV (multi room viewing) just hook a ethernet cable to the back of the receiver. Thats all I did and it works great :)

The easiest route for you is the same as I posted in this reply to a similar question. You need to inject your internet into you setup or wire all the DVRs to the internet separately. Since you already have a wireless router setup and MRV working, I would just pop the $31 bucks for this alternative.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts