What do you consider the worst sports Uniforms of All-Time?

The Browns and Bungles uniforms back in the '70s. They were the same uniform.

A few clarifications........

When the Bengals team debuted in 1968, the Bengals' uniforms were modeled after the Cleveland Browns. When Paul Brown was fired by Art Modell, it was Paul Brown who still had ownership of the equipment used by Cleveland. So after the firing, Paul Brown packed up all his equipment, which he then used for his new team in Cincinnati. The Cleveland Browns' team colors were orange, brown and white, and their helmets were solid orange with a white dorsal stripe over the crest.

The Bengals' team colors were orange, black and white, and their helmets were a similar shade of orange, with the only variations being the word "Bengals" in block letters on either side of the helmet and no stripe on the helmet. The Cincinnati Bengals were unique in the NFL as they did not have uniform numbers on the players sleeves until the 1980 season.

Here's a peek at both teams helmets during the 70's.....

3107.gif

2og6i7byir43vekj2eis.gif

In 1978 the Colorado Caribous played their only season in the North American Soccer League. Thank God that they did since they played in these awful jerseys. Please note the "western" inspired fringe.

caribou.jpg

I love the Oregon uniforms, just because they are so different and jarring. By the way, Oregon State has had some "beautiful" uniforms in the same "in your face" vein. I loved them too.

I am a UCLA fan and, unlike many, even root for SC when they are not playing the Bruins. But I am SOOOoooo tired of their uniforms (both teams).

I know you can't be talking about the cheerleader uniforms too? IMO, USC and UCLA cheerleaders have the BEST uni's in all of college sports!

A few clarifications........

The Bengals' team colors were orange, black and white, and their helmets were a similar shade of orange, with the only variations being the word "Bengals" in block letters on either side of the helmet and no stripe on the helmet. The Cincinnati Bengals were unique in the NFL as they did not have uniform numbers on the players sleeves until the 1980 season.

Here's a peek at both teams helmets during the 70's.....

3107.gif

2og6i7byir43vekj2eis.gif

Although both teams declare "orange" as an official team color, if you look closely the next time they play, you will notice the Bengals' orange has a slightly redder hue.

How about the year the White Sox wore shorts?

Yup! It's either them or the rainbow uniforms the Astros used to wear. U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, YOU UGLY! (not you ICE, the uniforms!)

Here are a few:

The '71 Orioles Uni and '81 White Sox Collar Uniforms

orioles.jpg
4.jpg

those 2007 Eagles Throwbacks

UniformsWestbrook.jpg

and of course, the Oregon Ducks uniforms at anytime

oregon-uniform-2006-ucla.jpg

oregon-uniform-2006-las-vegas-bowl.jpg

oregon-uniform-1995-rose-bowl.jpg

oregon-uniform-2000-holiday-bowl.jpg

Not So Fast!

Here are a few:

The '71 Orioles Uni and '81 White Sox Collar Uniforms

orioles.jpg
4.jpg

those 2007 Eagles Throwbacks

UniformsWestbrook.jpg

and of course, the Oregon Ducks uniforms at anytime

oregon-uniform-2006-ucla.jpg

oregon-uniform-2006-las-vegas-bowl.jpg

oregon-uniform-1995-rose-bowl.jpg

oregon-uniform-2000-holiday-bowl.jpg
I said it before on this thread and I'll say it again. I love the Oregon Ducks uniforms. They are real attention grabbers! And orange is my favorite color, so I think the the '71 Orioles uniforms were fantastic!

I agree with you on those awful '81 White Sox outfits. Absolutely sickening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)